Changing LED Floodlight Bulb

dlw930

Here is what I bought. Note it is still untested!!

LED RV Motion Sensor Exterior Porch Utility Light - Black 12v Lighting Fixture Kit with LED Panel For Bright Lighting At Night Trailer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072N3FD7L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_11DE7TXmfSi6u

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks like what we installed a couple years ago, except ours is the white model. Ours has worked great so far and is a big improvement over the OEM light which had an amber lens which made it pretty much useless.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
This looks like what we installed a couple years ago, except ours is the white model. Ours has worked great so far and is a big improvement over the OEM light which had an amber lens which made it pretty much useless.

It is not the StarLight brand, which has a similar motion detection light. We had the StarLight version on our previous rig. This one looks to be MUCH brighter (680 lumens) and is pretty wide at 12". We are currently semi permanent in a rural park, and I prefer to be able to see what's "out there".

Gary521

Some LED's are not bulbs but LED's hard wired to a circuit board. This just might be one of them.

busted2341

Well I finally sent everything to Heartland and discovered that it is a full assembly. No bulbs bar change. As a matter of fact the parts girl told me she never saw anyone take it apart like that before..LOL..Anyway, I ordered both the porch and flood light for a total of $ 54.75 plus shipping. You would think they would last longer than almost 2 years to the day we purchased this coach!

TravelTiger

Our solution was to change the light out altogether. Have to wait until the evening to see how bright it is.

32b342b36664e0c2e48b3fb539ba7742.jpg

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have had issues with that style twice have not replaced the second one.

TravelTiger

I have had issues with that style twice have not replaced the second one.

Andy are you saying with my replacement, or the original?

What problems did you have?

This is not the StarLight version that was popular a few years ago, and had issues with the lenses on the motion sensors.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Andy are you saying with my replacement, or the original?

What problems did you have?

This is not the StarLight version that was popular a few years ago, and had issues with the lenses on the motion sensors.

I meant your replacement but both of mine were the starlight ones. I could not get either of them adjusted and the sensor lenses just desentegrated over time. Hope these workout better

TravelTiger

I meant your replacement but both of mine were the starlight ones. I could not get either of them adjusted and the sensor lenses just desentegrated over time. Hope these workout better

Me too! We will see. Out of the box, it's very bright, which is what we wanted. The motion sensor is not detecting our movement properly. I'll have to make some adjustment (but that means digging out tools and ladder again!)

PondSkum

I'm curious how the Amazon unit works out for you also. My RW had a standard incandescent bulb fixture, but I bought some LED bulbs to replace them. I like the light output, but would love to have the motion detection option vs. leaving the light on all night.

TravelTiger

I'm curious how the Amazon unit works out for you also. My RW had a standard incandescent bulb fixture, but I bought some LED bulbs to replace them. I like the light output, but would love to have the motion detection option vs. leaving the light on all night.

Well, I messed with the adjustments at dusk and still could not get the motion sensor to work properly. I have read online that they try to detect a large heat mass, and when the temp outside is close to your body temp, they can't detect a difference. That seems to be true. It can still be around 90 at 8pm. I can move my hand in front of the detector a foot away, and it comes on. But standing 10 feet away, nothing I do will make it activate.

So for now, I'm leaving it on if I want it on. It is very bright and attracts lots of bugs. But I'd rather see!!