Checking to see when “full” is full.

BrannonB

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]We have always been cautious about over filling our gray tank. So we take a “RV” shower and use a big pot to wash/rinse dishes in. Well last week we was at a site that has a gray water dump so I wanted to see just how much past “full” was actually full. I kept watching the bath tub so see when it would show water but none ever came, instead the kitchen sink and bathroom sink filled. I ran some more water in the bath tub and then it filled too. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]I am fairly new to owning my own TT and have always read and heard that the shower/tub will fill up first since it’s the low point of a full tank. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Is there anyway that Heartland could have put a check valve in the shower drain to prevent it from filling before the sinks?[/FONT][/FONT]

Fox

Was the trailer level?
Do these two sinks use a second gray tank, separate from the shower?

Fox

I'll admit ... I've never heard of such a product - but it sounds more feasible than my two ideas.
I'm guessing that if a leveling problem it'd require water to rise 24" (not likely) above the tub; I don't know the # of tanks spec'd on this unit.

In any case it is an intriguing problem and I hope the OP updates.

In (LA) Lower Alabama water doesn't generally flow uphill <grin>.

BrannonB

Trailer was level. When my wife said the kitchen sink wouldn’t drain and the tanks was full I thought no way it’s full, if so then water would have ran over the tub by about 2’. But sure enough it was full. Drained out a little bit and water level went down.

It only has one gray tank. Wish it was 2 tanks. Rough having 6 people in it with daily showers, dishes and what not. But we manage to never fill it up. Lol.

May have to pull the inspection panel under shower enclosure and look for the waterless trap