China Bomb - I am beginning to believe.

DennisZ

I installed the Doran system on my 3055 just before my last 3200 mile trip on my "China Bombs'. I really love the system, it really shows you what is going on with the pressures and temperatures as seen by the increased tire pressure. I checked my temperatures about every 2 hours with a infared monitor and you could see that the tires with the highest temps also had slightly higher pressures.

The tires (Karrier Loadstar) have about 10k on them and they are still doing good.

Bill
you might call Doran direct,they had a deal on some units that were ordered by a large company that returned some, I got the system for 20% off sticker.

Dennis

L'l John

DennisZ said:
you might call Doran direct,they had a deal on some units that were ordered by a large company that returned some, I got the system for 20% off sticker.

Dennis

I just called and ordered from Doran directly and they did have a unit that they sold me for 20% off regular retail and included shipping. This particular one is capable of monitoring up to 32 wheel postions but will work for any number less than 32. I will be using only 8 positions.
Thanks for the suggestion of calling Doran directly! (866) 816-7233 :D

ChopperBill

Whoa! I just called to order one from them and said I heard they were selling for 20% off. He said that was not true. I said I just heard a fellow bought one just a few minutes ago for that price. He said if they had a demo unit they would sell it for 20% off but they go FAST and didn't think they had one for some time. He said there is a list you can get on to get one. Is going to get back to me Monday if he can find one. He said there price was set nation wide. Also mentioned there was a 30 day warranty on demo units. Warranty on a new one is 1 year.

on edit: This is there Web site They say they will beat anyones price. Guess I should of said I could get one cheaper some where else instead of asking for the 20% discount.

Last edited:

cmart

Guys thanks for the info. I have China Mission ST 235/80R-16 on my 3055RL and I think are a little smaller than what you guys have. I'm not sure if I can upgrade to a load range G. But do you have any recommendations for a load range E or even a G for a 16 inch wheel for my BH. I will definately be changing brands, (I have maybe 300 miles on my current tires) the last thing I need is to a blow out while cruising down the boulevard.

timk

I never considered this when we got our system, but a huge benefit of the system is the ease of checking the tires before the days drive. I used to get out my knee pads, and pressure gauge , then crawl around the rig, usually I'd loose a little bit of air when I was checking, so I'd have to drag out the compressor and air hose to get them back up to where I thought they should be. What a pain. Now it takes about 30 seconds, just push a couple of buttons. Thats my kinda gadget.

5erWonk

Agree with everybody on the Pressure Pro....Just returned from a 2470.8mi (who's counting) trip and sure liked the convenience of checking pressures every morning and anytime I wanted while driving down the road.

The down side is that I have DW and DD playing with all their electronics while traveling so every time I hear a beep beep I think we're having a blowout.....Makes them crazy, I just think they're messin' with me.:eek:

tstammer

tstammer
Tires

CMART,

I had the same tires and just replaced them with the Michelinn XPS Rib. I paid $195.99 plus tax. I did have to order them though no dealer stocked them in my area. If you decide to go with these tires you will be amazed at the diffrence in weight between the two. The Michelin weighed more than the Chinese tire mounted on the rim. I went with the LT235/85R16E it is about 1" taller and a 1/2'" wider I thought I might have a problem with the shocks but all worked out. Good Luck.

Pat McFall

PressurePro Tire Monitors

ChopperBill said:
Hey Pat! You got any outrageously good deals for us poor old semi-retired guys? :D

Hi Chopper Bill and other interested parties,

If you want to PM me or email me at pressureprosystem@yahoo.com , I will be glad to answer any questions you have about the PressurePro system.

Thanks,

Pat

jbeletti

Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that Pat is not able to discuss pricing or do actual selling on this forum. Our relationship with Pat is that he is able to have a presence on this forum, have a link in his sig to his commerce site and provide expert input on TPMS in general and answer questions and give advice about Pressure Pro.

So far so good too. I just wanted to explain why he is not publishing pricing here.

Thanks and enjoy,

Jim

Last edited:

mariacyl

New Big Horn owners
We had 3 out of 4 tires blow out in the first two years we had our last fifth wheel, so this time the dealership offered a warranty on the tires and the trucks tires we jumped on it. So if these tires go they will be replacing them!!
Maria

jbeletti

Hi Maria,

That tire warranty that covers replacement tires, does it also cover any damage to the truck/trailer due to a blow-out?

If so, can you elaborate as to who the insurance provider is on that? It may be of help for others here who may be interested in picking up similar coverage, in addition to their current vehicle/trailer coverage.

Thanks,

Jim

Paul & Nan

Looking at the tire info with great interest as we blew the rear off door tire on our 06 BH 3500RL yesterday afternoon. Quite a bit of damage. We have Kendo tires, another China Bomb brand I think. We will be looking for GoodYear the way the info here looks. Nan

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
I installed the Doran system on my 3055 just before my last 3200 mile trip on my "China Bombs'. I really love the system, it really shows you what is going on with the pressures and temperatures as seen by the increased tire pressure. I checked my temperatures about every 2 hours with a infared monitor and you could see that the tires with the highest temps also had slightly higher pressures.

Dennis

My DW got me an infared monitor for Christmas from Sears, so I have been checking tires and bearings at every rest area (and belive you me, I don't miss very many). Since I don't have a tire pressure monitoring system, how many degrees of difference should I see before I start to worry? I have seen only about 3-4 degrees Farenheit between high and low tems - all running in the high 60s and low 70s with ambient temperature in the 30s.

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
Having just read this thread, I agree that the mfgs. should not use the Chinese low-bid tires. We've "suffered" 3 blowouts on a different mfg'd unit and had Goodyear tires. Goodyear and the manufacturer stepped up and took care of us, but I've read others haven't been as fortunate. We've changed the Mission tires to Michelin's. It seems that ALL mfg's are sacrificing their customers to save a few bucks on tires.

Last edited by a moderator:

busted2341

CMART

I just put 4 GY Marathons on my 3055....Went ahead and balanced them as well all said and done OTD was $806.00 with replacement. Anyway I purchased through Discount Tires and paid about $157.oo P/T.....what a ride..........

Taynton1

Are the majority of Heartland owners having the China Bomb issue? Should we not go back to the manufacture that sold us the Bomb's after it has become apparent that their is in fact an issue and a true danger. I know I was sold on Heartland based on their quality standards.

Sincerely
MT

Tom of Ypsi

The tire problems are not just Heartland but belongs to all makes and models. Go to RV.net and you will see posts almost daily about China bomb tires. To put Heartland another step above the rest I think they should put nothing but American made tires on their coaches or at least offer them.