Chocks

bobowill

I use to have a set of chocks similiar to these Capture.jpgexcept they were all metal and they have a lever that you pushed down to tighten then up against your tires. They went with my trade-in. Does anyone know where I could get them?

Thanks

goodtruck

I use the X chock are they like the roto chock.I sometimes pull the ER with the big truck and have to really lock up the wheel to hook and unhook and they work really well.They were somewhat pricey but worth it.

Buford445

I used those with my other 5'r but on my BH I went with the X chock because the BH is Worth the Better chocks

chris4905

I used a very expensive & high tech chock. A piece of pressure treated 6x6 cut at a 45 degree angle, now it's 2 chocks. Have never had a trailer move in 20 years.

lwmcguir

We use the ratchet style between the tires that have the detachable wrench. Have used all kinds and they are the best by far if you want to stop the rocking.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I use the expensive type also. They are 2 4x4 blocks cut on a 45 degree angle on each end and wedge between the tires. They have worked for me for 10 years and have paid for themselves. :)

caissiel

I have used 2 x 6 cut to 12" for the past 17 years and never had a trailer move on me. I also use them on the landing and stabilizer as they create better stabilizers and anchor the landing posts well. In addition I use them under one set of wheels on the low side to level the trailer before unhooking the unit of the truck.

I was at an RV show on friday and noticed every trailer had the landing pods on the sand and every one on heavier HL trailers were causing the pods to curve up. Mine are also curved up and they indent in the lumber and grab well.

Wharton

We use the homemade chocks also. We use 2 on each rear tire, have a rope that connects them so it is an easy pull. We also have wood "structures" for under each landing jack and stabilizer, always use them. I put handles on these so they are easy to pick up. Also carry 2 1/2 2x12s in the truck bed in case we need to level, which isn't very often.

I thought chocks were to protect against the potential rolling of a trailer. I don't see how the Ulta Fab and others like them protect against that. I must be missing something.

Wharton

Friction as the means that stops rolling!!. I think Ill stick with a physical chock behind and in front of the tire.

Last edited:

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I use four solid rubber chocks like these. Two on each side of the rig. They are a little pricey, but they last forever.

Attachments

• Rubber Chocks.bmp
    263.7 KB · Views: 7