Cinco de Mayo in Ohio - dos

explorer2316

Explorer2316
There are a few of us that have made reservations at Scenic Hills RV Park in Berlin, Ohio for Cinco De Mayo in 2022. There are several of us that have made reservations so far, arrival and departure dates vary, but span May 5th. This is our second (dos) year gathering around this day. 2022 remains a loosely organized gathering of Heartland friends, willing to deal with ever-changing spring weather occurs in Ohio. After talking to Heartland marketing, we may formalize this as a campout for 2023!

Here's a little more about this event
-There are no formal plans other than to do some sort of party on May 5th.
-There is no group of sites reserved, so everyone is on their own to make reservations.
-There are three areas in this campground - Lower, Upper, and Gravel.
-Several of us are in the lower section but you may camp in any area of the campground.
-Depending upon when and what area you book, only 30 amp sites may be available.
-We will probably try a throw a pot luck together one evening.
-May 5th I'll cook some breakfast burritos on the grill and Chicken Fajitas in the evening. The rest of the day will evolve as it will.
-The only thing I can assure everyone is that, on May 5th, we won’t run out of Tequila. That's a guarantee!

For those that have not been to Scenic Hills RV park before, it is located in the heart of Ohio Amish country. This park is a no frills park and does NOT have public bathrooms or showers. The sites are all full hook up, nice sized and reasonably priced. This is a quiet, relaxing, and peaceful park, close to a flea market, local shops, wineries, and where you hear the clip clop of hooves in the morning and evening . The campground does not take credit cards. They are open now to take reservations by phone, and require you mail a small deposit check to confirm your reservation.

Here is a link to the website and the campground information so you can check out all the details of the park the tons of stuff to do in the area.

Scenic Hills RV Park
Phone: 330-893-3607
Email: shrvp@wifi7.com
Address: 4483 TR 367
Millersburg, OH 44654

It would be nice to get a few more of us together and make “Cinco de Mayo in Ohio - dos” a fun day again in 2022!

Depending on how this turn out in 2022, this may move to a different campground for 2023 and become a "campout" with Heartland support.

We arrive 5/2/22 and depart 5/9/22 and are on site 106.
If you have already booked, or when you do book, please let me know or add yourself to the google sheet here:

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at:
explorer2316@icloud.com

Blake Bennett

Last edited:

"Hi-Viz" Bill

Blake !! I know Mike & Justina Crousser signed up (think site 105) .. We're signed up (site 103) & Gerry & Deb (site 102) ...

Didn't have Edit permission @ spreadsheet .. so here you go !!!

Hi-Viz

explorer2316

Explorer2316
Thanks Bill you should have access now. I got your google access request and approved it. Let me know if there is anything else I should add.

explorer2316

Explorer2316
Blake !! I know Mike & Justina Crousser signed up (think site 105) .. We're signed up (site 103) & Gerry & Deb (site 102) ...

Didn't have Edit permission @ spreadsheet .. so here you go !!!

Hi-Viz
I added you guys to the sheet. Check it out and add you arrival & departure if you get a chance. Thanks again

Kbvols

Hi Blake and Sue,

Kim and I are planning to Attend. We arrive on 5/4 and leave on the 8th we are on site Q. Keith & Kim Besand.

DCG1986

Ohio Chapter Leaders
There are a few of us that have made reservations at Scenic Hills RV Park in Berlin, Ohio for Cinco De Mayo in 2022. There are several of us that have made reservations so far, arrival and departure dates vary, but span May 5th. This is our second (dos) year gathering around this day. 2022 remains a loosely organized gathering of Heartland friends, willing to deal with ever-changing spring weather occurs in Ohio. After talking to Heartland marketing, we may formalize this as a campout for 2023!

Here's a little more about this event
-There are no formal plans other than to do some sort of party on May 5th.
-There is no group of sites reserved, so everyone is on their own to make reservations.
-There are three areas in this campground - Lower, Upper, and Gravel.
-Several of us are in the lower section but you may camp in any area of the campground.
-Depending upon when and what area you book, only 30 amp sites may be available.
-We will probably try a throw a pot luck together one evening.
-May 5th I'll cook some breakfast burritos on the grill and Chicken Fajitas in the evening. The rest of the day will evolve as it will.
-The only thing I can assure everyone is that, on May 5th, we won’t run out of Tequila. That's a guarantee!

For those that have not been to Scenic Hills RV park before, it is located in the heart of Ohio Amish country. This park is a no frills park and does NOT have public bathrooms or showers. The sites are all full hook up, nice sized and reasonably priced. This is a quiet, relaxing, and peaceful park, close to a flea market, local shops, wineries, and where you hear the clip clop of hooves in the morning and evening . The campground does not take credit cards. They are open now to take reservations by phone, and require you mail a small deposit check to confirm your reservation.

Here is a link to the website and the campground information so you can check out all the details of the park the tons of stuff to do in the area.

Scenic Hills RV Park
Phone: 330-893-3607
Email: shrvp@wifi7.com
Address: 4483 TR 367
Millersburg, OH 44654

It would be nice to get a few more of us together and make “Cinco de Mayo in Ohio - dos” a fun day again in 2022!

Depending on how this turn out in 2022, this may move to a different campground for 2023 and become a "campout" with Heartland support.

We arrive 5/2/22 and depart 5/9/22 and are on site 106.
If you have already booked, or when you do book, please let me know or add yourself to the google sheet here:

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at:
explorer2316@icloud.com

Blake Bennett
Sorry won't be able to make it this year. We'll be on our way home from Florida at the Georgia Rally.

Mike-n-Justina

Nick and Dar have made reservations. Not sure what site they are on. Blake is the list of attendees current? Just wanna make sure I have enough food and cocktails.

explorer2316

Explorer2316
Nick and Dar have made reservations. Not sure what site they are on. Blake is the list of attendees current? Just wanna make sure I have enough food and cocktails Frank & Sandra and Fred & Diane. Don & Cindy are a no. So
I just confirmed Frank & Sandra and Fred & Diane are coming. I’ll be adding them to the list.
Other than them the list should be up to date.

explorer2316

Explorer2316
Folks, looking at the extended forcast for Berlin Ohio, it doesn’t look like May 5th may be the best day for our festivities. I’ll be looking at the forecast on Monday when we get there and talking with y'all about maybe moving things around. You never know how things will change in just a few days let’s wait and see.
87E6E596-108B-4284-BB95-68BE62059B9B.jpeg

explorer2316

Explorer2316
First post for this event. We had a challenge event. How long does it take and how many people do you need to set up a tent that takes 5 minutes?

Would you believe almost an hour and a half?

I’m thinking there may have been a few adult beverages involved…..

Attachments

• CCFDE769-5019-45FF-9E9B-5FA8D511176B.jpeg
    CCFDE769-5019-45FF-9E9B-5FA8D511176B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • A0CADC2C-8DB5-4904-BFC3-0763C4EE9E40.jpeg
    A0CADC2C-8DB5-4904-BFC3-0763C4EE9E40.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Kbvols

First post for this event. We had a challenge event. How long does it take and how many people do you need to set up a tent that takes 5 minutes?

Would you believe almost an hour and a half?

I’m thinking there may have been a few adult beverages involved…..

Gerry Rocking his Tennessee Orange shirt!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk