Cleaning off electric awning

klp605

We are out for our first time in our new camper. How do you clean tree debris off the awning?

Our old TT had a manual awning and it was easy to drop it to clean off all the tree droppings.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

danemayer

I've attached some tips from Dometic.

Attachments

• Dometic_Awnings_Tips_and_Tricks.pdf
    361.6 KB · Views: 103

klp605

Thank you. Our old awning we could drop down almost flat to to the side to sweep the debris off before retracting it. Always carrying the blower is on my list. That is the easiest route we can think of at this point.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

The tips from Dometic show a manual awning and unless I missed it, didn't see anything pertaining to an electric one. I too am wondering how to lower an elect awning enough to as to be able to wash in spring w/ Tilex. Old manual----no problem. New one is 9' tall at roller tube, no idea if it will lower any. Newbie w/ elect awning.

danemayer

Does your awning have knobs on the arms? You pull the arm down and tighten the knobs to lower the extended edge.

I have to use a step stool to reach mine.

I was also very annoyed about the dirt on the awning of my motorhome. A friend recommended ways to clean the awning, which I did and found quite effective. That's clean with Magic Eraser. Simply dip the mop in a bucket of water and wring to remove excess water. and start cleaning the underside of the awning.
Repeat soaking, wringing, and wiping until all stains and dirt are removed. Rinse with water and pat dry.

Last edited: