attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    825.8 KB · Views: 427

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Ouch!!

There is construction in this part of PA on nearly every road it seems. The roads are terrible. Potholes inside potholes.

AAdams

I think it is a GY GS614RST tire. I can see REGROOVABLE and LOAD RANGE G on the side of the tire

Lynn1130

Most times they tell you not to buy replacement insurance with items you buy but I never walk out of Discount Tire without certificates that cover any tire failure. Too much junk on the roads and streets just waiting to deflate a tire.

wdk450

I always buy road hazard insurance on my tire purchases. Les Schwab tires here, out West, throw it in for free. I once had Montgomery Ward give me the full purchase price for 4 tires for my van, when one of them was bad, and they didn't have any more of that size in stock for a replacement. The other 3 tires were fine. I made money on that deal, and Montgomery Ward went bankrupt.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The part of the DOT code MJOH, MJ, shows that tire was made by Goodyear in Topeka, KS.

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Most times they tell you not to buy replacement insurance with items you buy but I never walk out of Discount Tire without certificates that cover any tire failure. Too much junk on the roads and streets just waiting to deflate a tire.

X2! Thought I was doing my local tire dealer a favor with buying our first set of Maxxis. Even though he was a little higher, it was local and he we had done business with them before for our truck tires. They are part of the "Tire Pro" network, so they offered a road hazard warranty that was nationwide.

Well, when I got a screw in one of the Maxxis, I found out his price DID NOT include the road hazard warranty, like the preprinted backside of the invoice mentioned. "They never sell road hazard for trailer tires," he said, "trailer tires are always hitting something." and "We can patch it, but I wouldn't trust it on the ground. Make it the spare or replace it." WHaaaa?!

Well, next set of tires for the trailer came from Discount Tire, with certificates for road hazard repair/replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im_1406

It was in fact a Goodyear GS614. I had upgraded prior to receiving the trailer b/c Towmax was OUT OF THE QUESTION as far as I was concerned. I had checked the pressures just 40 minutes prior to blow. I check my mirrors like a good trucker and caught the whole thing unfolding as I was going through a re-grooving construction area. I even had my speed down to 45 when it happened. Cost me a pretty penny to replace, but all in all....I suppose I should be thankful. I safely got to the shoulder, set up my triangles, used the levelup jacks to lift and replace with a spare. I got off the very next exit to look at things closer. Could have been much worse. No body damage.