Convert a queen bed to a king bed in a Bighorn 3610re ?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see why not. There is always a way.
Depending on the size of the base you might just be able to replace the OSB platform with a larger size.
If the base is too small in that the OSB would be hanging over unsupported you could just add some 2x4's with beveled corners across so that they would be cantilevered out the sides for support.

Peace
Dave

SGeohagan

Yes this can be done. When we bought our 3610RE the brochure said it came with king. It had a queen and I told salesman it was a dealbreaker. They replaced platform with plywood. Has been working well for 5+ years. I did replace mattress with a lasting impressions memory foam and love it.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Granted I have an Oakmont but it is easy to do. You can even take a picture of your dresser top and the factory will build you bed side tables to match.

Sent from my PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Granted I have an Oakmont but it is easy to do. You can even take a picture of your dresser top and the factory will build you bed side tables to match.

Sent from my PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

I think the OP wants to go UP from Queen to King.

You went DOWN from King to Queen, and added nightstands. They look great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just keep in mind you most likely will have to go to a RV size King which is shorter than a residential King. You will get about 10 inches of width but the length will be the same as a residential queen.

RGVan

We have a 2017LM Charleston with a king and want to down size to a queen there is just no room to walk around and make the bed hoping we can cut down the with of the plywood might have to relocated a couple of hinges for the lift access but think it will be worth it for the room

Bob Vaughn

My thinking is most slide outs in the bedrooms are built to the width of a queen unless it was built to accommodate a King mattress. Thus you could not upgrade to a king size mattress unless you have a king size slide out.....

We replaced our king with an Olympic Queen. You can find them on line. It's 66" wide which is half the width difference between a king and queen. Also got the sheets online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk