Corner Seam Seperation

Just got back from a 4800 mile trip and noticed the rear corner seam is messed up. I know I didn’t hit anything so has anyone have something like this happen?
ae668bcba1a2e44dc6134d40759efc63.jpg
6b913d98b7b664ce5a610912e1efa8f8.jpg
03160c5a3783bde5bb5ebf8561f7e0da.jpg
f78c115844e5976836c5f29d395ca61c.jpg
50062993b801f2d82f42cb732a0662f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justafordguy

I just had the same thing happen to my Gateway. The whole rear seam came loose almost all the way down. I had to pull it all apart replace some rotten wood and put it all back together. The original screws where so short that they pulled right out and let water in there. I used screws that were twice as long, used twice as many, and used construction adhesive in between the parts before I screwed it back together. I'm going to pull the other side apart and do the same thing as soon as we get back from our next trip.

I just had the same thing happen to my Gateway. The whole rear seam came loose almost all the way down. I had to pull it all apart replace some rotten wood and put it all back together. The original screws where so short that they pulled right out and let water in there. I used screws that were twice as long, used twice as many, and used construction adhesive in between the parts before I screwed it back together. I'm going to pull the other side apart and do the same thing as soon as we get back from our next trip.

WOW that's crazy. I'm taking mine back to the dealer on 3/8 after the Las Vegas NASCAR race and they are going to contact Heartland to see about covering the repair since the trailer is only 18 months old. Also getting the wheel bearings serviced and repacked now that we've put over 8000 miles on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#Heartland denied the warranty repair but the selling dealer is only charging 1 hour labor to do the repairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turns out that the wall stud actually shifted and my dealer was able to repair it without too much cost. Stud is still off about 1/4 of an inch but the repairs look good. Heartlands response was "We're sorry to hear that you're dissatisfied with our service department" Pretty crappy response for a definite structure issue.