Coroplast - Insulation - replace?

MTPockets

Had a small accident a few weeks ago and got a few gallons of water in the basement area... (How? isn't the issue) I made a 2" slit with my knife in the low point of the corroplast and got maybe 1 gallon draining out. Nothing else seems wet and no odors after three weeks. All seems well right now, but, I have been wanting to remove the corroplast to see if I need to dry out/replace any insulation. My questions: 1) In removing the corroplast, am I in for any surprises with things falling down with the corroplast and Insulation? 2) If I need to replace any of the insulation, what should I use? 3) Any tips on re-fixtureing the corroplast? Thanks... Terry RE: VIN 5sfbg3022ce244602

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you drop the Coroplast, you will not have any major surprises.
You will however see the foil faced bubble insulation.
For the 2" slit that you made, Gorilla Tape is a good product for that. Clean the area real good with mineral spirits before applying the tape.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

danemayer

If you drop the coroplast in the front section, you can add new insulation pretty easily. The hard part is getting the coroplast back into place. Extra hands are a big help.

I beefed up the insulation under the basement/bedroom area at the front. Got a roll of the thicker attic insulation and a 4x8 sheet of insulating foamboard with foil backing. Cut the foamboard to the width of the frame, on the inside. Taped strips of the attic insulation to the surface of the foamboard. Then I lifted the foamboard and slid it in above the inside of the frame on one side. Flexed it to get the other side in and the frame holds it all in place. I also put additional insulation further back around the gray #1 tank, but on our unit, there isn't enough clearance there for the combination of attic insulation and foamboard.

Keep the foil with the coroplast and put them both back into place at the same time.

Btw, an impact wrench is the preferred tool for removing and replacing the screws holding the coroplast. Not only is it MUCH faster and easier, but with a wrench you may end up twisting the heads off some of the screws.

PUG

Pug
Yes you must drop the coroplast and either replace or dry out the insulation or mold and odor will appear. When I dropped mine I went to ACe hardware and got "frame clips" these aid in sealing and reattaching the coroplast.