Couple of waste tank questions

danemayer

i have a road warrior and all the dump levers say grey. 2 in the front and one for the back bath. im not sure there might be another pull for the black tanks. im new to this life , first one qnd only had it 2 weeks.

Hi scottb,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the RV lifestyle. The good news is that there's a lot of useful information here along with a bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I'm sure another RW owner will jump in shortly with guidance on the layout of the dump levers on your rig.

porthole

Retired
also in this model is the 2nd bathroom plumbed grey and black water plummed together?

I really dislike saying "I don't have your trailer but this is what I think" :rolleyes:

But, from all the Cyclones I have looked at (and staying once or twice at a Holiday Inn) I am going to guess you 415 has four tanks and two separate drain discharges (3" sewer hookups).
Is that correct?

Grey #1 = bath, shower and sink. And washer dryer if you have that option in the closet.
Grey #2 = kitchen sink
Black #1 = main toilet

These three tanks should be connected to the front sewer discharge pipe.

Black #2 = half bath toilet and sink and washer dryer if you have that option in the garage.
This tank would be connected to the discharge behind the axles.

It would be a grey tank if only the sink and washer were hooked up. Connect a toilet and it becomes a black tank, but can still take wash water.

Gauges, as mentioned are notoriously inaccurate.

BTW, your 100 gallons of water tanks are two tanks connected with a crossover pipe.

As to your tank drain. I would first verify which drain is which. The only way you can tell for sure if it is draining slow is to fill and watch it drain. You can do that "watching" with a "flush king" valve.
Looks like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Camco-39062-F...&qid=1360812863&sr=8-1&keywords=flush+king+rv

These valves also serve as a secondary valve in case a main tank fails to close.

There have been issues in the past where the "plug", the piece left over from cutting the hole in the tanks for the pipes, falls into the tank and causes drainage issues.

That is best left to the dealer unless you are feeling adventurous.

wkcox

I also have a Road Warrior 415. I started a thread a few days ago listed 2 above on the "Waste Water Systems". A call to the Heartland CS revealed that the rear toilet and sink are plumbed together into "Grey 2". Although the tech shared my concern over why it is called a grey tank, they acted like it was not a big deal. I think it is important at least to know, especially given all the concern over black tank maintenance. Why there is a flush for the front black tank, and not for "Grey 2", is beyond my understanding. Another interesting issue is the "Grey 2" meter in the main panel. The tech said it is usually not connected to the rear, "Grey 2" tank and that you should go by the small meter in the rear bathroom. This is really a learning process.

lucille

I've had black tank draining problem since I bought it new in Jan 2013. Today I discovered why. Prior to manufacturers mounting the toilet, they cut out a round hole in the top of the black tank!!! Mine let the cutout fall into the tank. It lodged in front of the gate drain valve. I stumbled upon the problem and removed the cutout. I was round/approximately 4 inches in diameter. It fell into a bucket I was using while working on the problem. PROBLEM SOLVED FOR GOOD. I hope this will hope many RVers. DON'T LOSE HOPE!

jimtoo

Hi lucille,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You are not the first to find the cutout in the tank. It seems it happens quite often... I would think it would be such a easy process to just reach inside the tank and pick it up.. but they don't do it sometimes. Maybe if the plant offered a reward for the cutouts to the employee that turned them in would help. Like ,, anyone that turns in a cutout.. gets... $5 bucks...,, but then we might see some tanks leaking at the top due to extra holes. :)

At least you found your problem and it's cured.

Enjoy the forum and join us at a rally.

Jim M