Cracking in outside wall.

Hello, I have a 2023 Bighorn traveler 35bk. I noticed when I got home, and was washing the rv that I now have a 6" Crack started on the main wall. The Crack starts in the corner and travels up towards the roof. Seems to be a structural issue. Curious if anyone has dealt with anything like this before. It is under warranty,(hopefully 3 year structural) and I have an appointment with Camping world Mon. Just seeing if anyone knows what to expect? Do I let Heatland know or just wait and see what Camping World says first? Thank you, Tim

Attachments

• 20240714_144751.jpg
    20240714_144751.jpg
    970.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240714_144745.jpg
    20240714_144745.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • 20240714_143638.jpg
    20240714_143638.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

david-steph2018

Yes, we had it in the past on our Road Warrior. We had to a sidewall crack in 2020. Heartland did cover the issue. But it was sent to an outside repair shop in Goshen, Ind. for the work.
It probably has an internal frame issue. Probably had internal welds break and caused this issue, it did on our rig. The repair was to cut out the sidewall area at the crack, repair the broken weld, maybe add a gusset to help brace the area. Then replace/repair the outer wall area. We had to have a relief cut installed with a piece of trim inserted into it, to prevent more cracking of the area.

Yes, we had it in the past on our Road Warrior. We had to a sidewall crack in 2020. Heartland did cover the issue. But it was sent to an outside repair shop in Goshen, Ind. for the work.
It probably has an internal frame issue. Probably had internal welds break and caused this issue, it did on our rig. The repair was to cut out the sidewall area at the crack, repair the broken weld, maybe add a gusset to help brace the area. Then replace/repair the outer wall area. We had to have a relief cut installed with a piece of trim inserted into it, to prevent more cracking of the area.
Thank you for your response. It's a little refreshing to know they stood behind it at at least, just hope the rest of the summer isn't lost.

rhodies1

Contact Heartland .. have your vin ready and have a discussion with them about the crack, I wouldn’t take a used wheel barrow to CW for work. Your unit will set for months with them and most likely they are not qualified to do the repair. See if you can get Heartland to have it repaired in Indiana and get it fixed properly.