Craigslist

Brandon.Prewitt

Never put your number unless you spell it out, as well as spelling out your e-mail (dot)com. I think they use some kind of software that fishes for contact info.

Be very thorough in describing what you are selling and add tags at the bottom that pertain so more people will see it when searching.

frumbawa

Re: Using Craigslist

I sold a lawn tractor a while ago and got an email from someone who wanted all my information so he could have his "secretary" put the money in my account. Yeah, right . . . that's why I use the anonymous feature.

Had a similar situation selling my husky slider from my previous truck. Said he would give me a $1000 if I held the hitch for him (I was only asking $400) and his sec. would send the money. I knew it was a scam but played along anyway. I gave him my old work address which forwarded to my new one. I got a check in the mail about 10 days later. Did a google search on the the company on the check, found a number, called them and they told me it was bogus. Good thing I didn't try to cash that check. Still have it today.

Frank

pegmikef

Re: Using Craigslist

Hey Frank, that sounds exactly like the same scam I had on my tractor . . . I forgot, until you mentioned it, that he offered me more than I was asking. I wonder how many folks have fallen for it.