CROSSWIND L780 G-Rated Tires ?

Cjackg

A neighbor of mine has these G-Rated Tires on his 36' Carriage Fifth Wheel and claims they are made by Goodyear, and are the same as G614s, but cost much less....

Has anyone here heard of these or used them ?

danemayer

Nope. There are other brands of G rated tires that cost less - Sailun for one. I think the Goodyear Marathon is the next price step down from the G614 and it's not a load range G.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
A little research shows Crosswind tires are made in China by Shandong Linglong Tyre Co., Ltd.
Here is a (LINK) Trace

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Here is a catalog of tires from Crosswind. The L780 is on page 24. It's listed as an LT with a capacity of 3042#. Not quite a LR"G". I didn't read any further than page 24.

On edit, I was not able to add the pdf. Not sure why either. You can go to Dan's link and find the Catalog there. Sorry???

On edit again, on page 25 there is a L780 ST tire. It is rated for 3750# but the tires weight is 43#. Compared to the Goodyear G614 tire weighing in at 58#
LINK HERE

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I believe that a GY Marathon is an "E" rated tire and runs 80# of air. A Crosswind at 3K per tire is barely enough for a big 5er.

danemayer

Here is a catalog of tires from Crosswind. The L780 is on page 24. It's listed as an LT with a capacity of 3042#. Not quite a LR"G". I didn't read any further than page 24.

On edit, I was not able to add the pdf. Not sure why either. You can go to Dan's link and find the Catalog there. Sorry???
Ray, page 25 shows a Crosswind 780 235/85R16 14 ply rated for 110psi and 3750 lbs.