cruise control

porthole

Retired
To add to my previous.

Since the GM tends to keep the truck in 5th gear below 62-65 mph in tow haul I'll usually turn the T/H off once up to speed. This will also allow the truck shift into 6th and use some momentum going down the hill instead of having the truck downshifting trying to maintain speed (highways)

CPE

I have a Sundance 265 RK and a 2008 1500 Ram with 20" tires 5.7 Hemi 3.92 axle ratio and use cruise control on most of the time and no tow haul on medium hills and level roads speed 45 or more. Down shifts from OD on hills only. Rarely use OD off and use tow haul in all under 45 desired speed and steeper hills. No problems or qualms yet

2010augusta

I use cruse control most of the time when I can. The Ford will kick it off on long hills, and I turn it off in metro areas, never know when a Smartcar is going to cut me off;). On this last 3,000 mile trip I used tow/haul ALL the time and was very happy with the performance of the truck. The mileage could have been better, but the truck seemed to get up to speed and stay in 5th gear better. The compression brake that tow/haul gives on the down-hill sections is awesome.

rick_debbie_gallant

The higher the head wind the better. Just have to get up to speed and hang on.;) When the wind is above 35 knots and my speed is at 65 mph I just let the truck idle, heck that is a combined apparent wind speed of 100 mph. Got to have the power steering, and brakes etc without the engine idling they are just not there. Those wind turbine turbo electric generators work great, talk about almost being into the perpetual motion zone;);). Now I need to work on getting the electric drive motors mounted under the tow vehicle.:D

airedale

cruise...

never used it for towing and never will.....i find that 12 to 14 thousand pounds behind me demands my total attention....things happen too fast out there.....here in british columbia, even our very occasional level, straight stretch of highway has a high amount of bambi, elk, moose and bear use......tow haul is a must....cruise, not so much......cheers..:)