Cruise Control

dave10a

I used cc most of the time except for icy and heavy traffic and start stop conditions. Also it is very handy when pulling long grades where I find the gear that allows the engine to run around 2000-2500 rpm. Lock the gear to prevent hunting and set the cc-- sit back and enjoy the beautiful country/mountains.... I

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
CC, unless the roads are wet, is the norm for me. Terrain doesn't matter-flat, up, or down. They put the computer in the truck to determine what's best for the engine and tranny and to realize the optimum fuel mileage. Have always liked the cruise in any vehicle I've owned. That be my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seren

Like the others, I use it most of the time dependent on terrain and traffic. I also never use it in rain. I used to but the last safe driving course we had recommended against it because of potential surprise slippery spots andflash flooding (which is often here in West Texas when we get rain).

It did not rain on our trip from Knoxville, but I want to second on not using it in the rain. Even when I had a car I would never use it once the roads were wet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

caissiel

I used cruise on my previous 98 GM 6.5l diesel all the time. I could not press the pedal hard enough to have the same power to do the hills and most of the time without shifting out of OD.

When I towed the same trailer with the 2005 Ford diesel the CC kept coming off at any hills that the GM never came off.
So I installed a programer and .have no problem with CC coming off while on OD. I do have a standard shift that will not downshift until I do.
I do relax much more while the CC is on while set just a bit under the traffic speed while the traffic runs away from me.
Most interstate drivers use CC so why not me.
So far I usually drive alone without having to slowdown to allow proper Spacing.
By the way my 3/4 Ford has lots power to run away from black smoking programmed newer Ram duellies towing similar trailer up a 7 miles hill.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using Tapatalk