Cutting hole for clothes dryer vent in 3110

bobca1

Hi jeffdee. Forgot to take pics during the install, i'll take some next weekend of the vent and the straps I use to secure it.
As far as cutting the hole, I drilled some small pilot hole with smallest drill bit i had to confirm no studs blocked the marked location (there were none - all clear). Then I put blue tape on inside and out to keep wood and fiberglass from chipping and keep jigsaw from scratching fiberglass. Traced a circle on outside using the vent as template. Drilled a 1/2 hole at the bottom of the cutout so I could get my jigsaw started. Made the cut using fine wood blade and it was long enough to go all the way through to inside. Removed the tape, put bead of caulk around the outside, installed the vent assembly with provided screws after drilling pilot holes. Pretty easy install for average DIYer. One thing I should have done was stand little higher on ladder and try harder to keep the saw flush against the wall, the hole got a little larger on inside in spots due to the slight angle.

Here's the vent I used:
http://www.dyersonline.com/splendide-deluxe-paintable-vent-kit.html

I have a 3110. Could you post some pictures of this vent installation? Thanks!

bobca1

Here's some pics from the inside, after installing washer/dryer. To secure unit I used the splendide 2 brackets on floor and 2 cable type earthquake straps up top screwed into wall studs. Driven about 800 miles with it attached like this so far all pavement no off road but done LA freeways which are pretty gnarly hasn't budged yet. These units are tough they fell over once before I secured, still working! uploadfromtaptalk1428549842137.jpguploadfromtaptalk1428549862603.jpguploadfromtaptalk1428549894630.jpguploadfromtaptalk1428549913875.jpg