Cyclone 300c issues

Russ_300c

Has any one had issues with the fridge's raised panel door insert falling out and landing on their foot? If so what has been done to fix this problem? Thanks

CrazyCooter

We're camping right now and the freezer door insert was laying on the floor when we got here....the refer panel has almost come out in the past as well. The freezer door had obviously come un-latched in transit as some of our food was on the floor as well. I wonder if the problem is that the panels are too heavy to begin with?

Dometic refer here...

danemayer

If this is the 4 door Dometic RM1350, the door panel installation is described on page 11 of the manual. If you can't find yours, you can download a copy from the Tools/Owners Manuals Section of the forum. Also, if you have the RM1350, there is a sliding latch that holds the 4 doors closed while traveling. The latch is slid to the left to open the doors, and should automatically slide to the right after about 5 seconds. If it doesn't, it's probably not wired corrected on the back of the refrigerator. If that's why your food is falling out, you'll need to visit your dealer to have it corrected.

I'm not familiar with other Dometic models - if you have another, you should take a look through your manual - they probably cover these same things in the manuals for other models.

Russ_300c

Hi there,
I do think that the panels are to heavy for the retainers to keep them from sliding out. I asked the dealer to supply me with the plain black inserts as a solution to my problem. Have not heard back as of yet. I would rather a better retainer be supplied but I was told that Dometic will not warranty the hinges if they break, because of the raised panels being so heavy. I was also told that the hinges do break often with the raised panel inserts installed. When the fridge door panel falls out it has enough force to destroy a sandal clad foot, if it were to land on it.