Cyclone 300c

Bighurt

Barney looks great I hope you bought a white F450 cause the F350 setup looks sharp. And just so you know you can call Heartland and get the graphics, I've seen others match the truck. It looks killer!

Curious did you weigh her on the scale and get individual axle weights. TMO opens it's scales to the base public everyday at 1300 for weights, I was picking up at DRMO and saw the line and inquired. I asked about individual axle weights and he said they don't. I bet a 6 pack, I can get them to figure it out.

Reason I ask is I've puled 18k on a GN with 20% on the pin which is a little over the posted spec on the CY370c. Others are also pulling the big cyclones on SRW F350's. I can understand being safe but I can buy an F550 with a hauler bed cheaper than an and F450. Not to mention the current production F450's are just glorified F350's.

Stang, I'd be interested to hear what benefits you've been told and seen the Ti has over the traditional model?

71stang99

The biggest benefit I suppose is the shorter king pin to tail length. Also the supposed aerodynamic front end. I am speaking from the literature BTW. The trailer itself is different in the nose, It does really extend in the inside and is not just a 'wall' but a nose and the woodwork on the 300c is sharp for a 5th wheel. A nice trailer overall, I am not knocking it and I know it will be fine once the AV bug is worked out. With my truck I would not want to pull anymore. Initially I was going for the FR XLR 35x12 and am glad I did not go with a triple axle as it would have been too much for a SRW F350. This trailer I think is right at the top of the safety food chain, at least for me and the truck I drive. Dont take me wrong this truck pulled it over some severe grades and did a good job but a triple in my opinion would be too much.

Last edited:

Bighurt

Well it looks good with your truck.

I don't know why they didn't make a bed out of the couch...

I don't know what I'll end up in with 3 boys we will eventually have toys...

To get the big garage we need a bigger truck, and then we may still have more kids. So I'll have to weight the options of two trucks hauling a trailer each one for living one for toys or a big truck and a big toy-hauler, and figure-out how to get the whole clan to the CG. I've always been puzzled by the RV's that sleep 7 towed by pick-ups that seat 6.

71stang99

The 'L' shaped couch does fold out in the center and has an air mattress. I will snap a cell phone photo and post it up as I wanted to check it out anyway. The bed was a neat setup as the mattress had a built in pump/deflater and a battery powered pump included also. As a typical toy haulers it does have the dual queen beds in the 'garage' and the bottom one is a bed/couch. So with the bedroom that provides 4 sleeping areas.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Bighurt

I thought it might, again I've not seen a Ti in person yet...and it seams the pictures on the internet only do so much. I really don't feel Heartland is up selling the Ti, perhaps they are letting it age first. The cyclone is the #1 selling toy hauler so I don't see why they wouldn't.

71stang99

Thats how I bought this one, menaing i never saw one in person only pictures online and you are absolutely right about pictures doing so much. If you need pictures of anything you havent seen just let me know and I will try to accomodate. FYI storage is at a premium on this model. Only one fairly small pass through storage compartment. It would have been nice if they had the outside bins installed on this model but I suppose that can be added later.

Bighurt

I think you've been more than accommodating and I feel your pictures are really filling a void in what should be on the dealer sites. Perhaps a pic of the basement would finish off your collection to the thread.

The two downsides to the model are the 10' garage and lack of storage. You can tell from pics the basement is tiny, also with no loft it limits storage as well. We actually use the loft in the RLB for pillow/blanket storage until bedtime. Perhaps they will come up with a design in the next fe years that meets the middle ground. Say a 16k GVWR trailer with a 12' garage and loft. Big couch/dinette and the big reefer. I think the 300C sells me on the floor plan I just need a bit more storage to say it's a winner. Right now if someone handed me $100k I would buy and 08' F550 and a CY4014 but the 3612 is a close call.

Just to clarify I believe the downsides are up to the individual, like I said before I personally have issues with toy haulers that sleep 7+, can only seat 4 for meals and toys for 2. Again totally dependent on the individual and their toys.

71stang99

Here you go, sorry for the cruddy cell pics but you get the idea. The one side had a wider opening and necks down on the other side. I do not know if that is something applicable on the 300c bigger brother. There is a hole for access to the plumbing, the vacuum bag and a power outlet with cable connections although no mounting plate or swing arm for a TV.

With the ceiling height they could have done a sudo loft as there is a lot of wasted space and the only contributing factor would be the upper 'pantry' cabinet. They could have done a shelf settup with netting to protect the contents which would have been perfect for bedding, towels or linen. Most likely that is where those items will go, in one of the three pantry shelves.

I think you've been more than accommodating and I feel your pictures are really filling a void in what should be on the dealer sites. Perhaps a pic of the basement would finish off your collection to the thread.

The two downsides to the model are the 10' garage and lack of storage. You can tell from pics the basement is tiny, also with no loft it limits storage as well. We actually use the loft in the RLB for pillow/blanket storage until bedtime. Perhaps they will come up with a design in the next fe years that meets the middle ground. Say a 16k GVWR trailer with a 12' garage and loft. Big couch/dinette and the big reefer. I think the 300C sells me on the floor plan I just need a bit more storage to say it's a winner. Right now if someone handed me $100k I would buy and 08' F550 and a CY4014 but the 3612 is a close call.

Just to clarify I believe the downsides are up to the individual, like I said before I personally have issues with toy haulers that sleep 7+, can only seat 4 for meals and toys for 2. Again totally dependent on the individual and their toys.

71stang99

I have some questions about some of the items on the trailer, if anyone knows please humor me as I am not 100% sure of what some of the things are.

What is this thermostat for in the garage? There is one in the main area next to the bathroom and the master has its own AC. Also the AC unit in the bedroom has a switch position for opt. heat. Can I add the feature after the fact?

Why the 3 input CATV inputs? I dont know why there are so many? Also why do most of the connections in the trailer have 2 outputs? is it 1 for cable and 1 for satellite or?

What is the switch on the upper right, hard to see but it seems like it might be a switch for the 12v water pump?

The hose on the left, is that for winterization? how does that work, I assume with the lever to the right.

Last edited:

DC10-FE

Stang,
I can help a bit on this since I had similar questions when I bought mine.

- Thermostat in the garage controls the fantastic fan above the upper bunk in the garage.

- Cable plugs are setup, to the best of my knowledge, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the best I've been able to figure out. The cable connection allows you to connect and external cable hookup to the interior cabling for the TV connections throughout the trailer. One of the Satellite connections is prewired from the roof satellite antennae (if installed now or added at a later date). The second Satellite connection is set up to connect an external dish to in the same manner as the cable connection. I don't have the roof mounted antennae, so, my best guess is that you hook up a short cable from one Sat. connection to the other so you don't have to run cable all over the place. On a side note, I had to re-run all the cabling in my unit since it was RG-59 and not RG-6. Now that it has the correct cable, my sat. works like a charm.

- The switch in the UDC is in fact an additional on/off switch for the water pump so you don't have to walk back and forth the control panel inside the rig to turn on/off the water pump. I personally LOVE this feature.

-The small hose is in fact for the winterization feature along with the lever. You'll have to ask someone who lives in a colder climate than myself since it rarely gets cold enough where I live to actually have to use it.

Hope this helps.