Cyclone 3010 or Fuzion 325

eibailey

Hi! First post, of potentially many, as we are very close to purchasing a 3010 or 3100 Cyclone. When we were out looking today we came across a Fuzion 325 which is a couple feet longer and seems to have a slightly larger garage and considerable more storage space in the kitchen. A key element of our selection criteria is not having a slide on the door side; we prefer to have that side smooth, so that has limited our choices. I would also like to stay at or under 38 feet.

I'm coming to the experts to hopefully get some insight on the differences between a Cyclone Heartland product and a Fuzion Keystone product. We are looking to keep this purchase for a number of years, so build quality is key.

Thanks for any and all input!!

jimtoo

Hi eibailey,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you get some info and opinions from some of our other family members soon. I will say I think Heartland is the best with good factory support and great owners that are willing to share knowledge and experience.

Hope to see you in a Heartland and at a rally.

Jim M

porthole

Retired
A key element of our selection criteria is not having a slide on the door side; we prefer to have that side smooth

The no slide on the door side was a key point for us as well.
And now it is a key point to change trailers.

Without the extra slide, it is just too cramped with 2 adults & 2 underfoot Golden Retrievers.

TX_Clay

No slide out on the door side was a major requirement for us as well and Yes, the Fusion 325 does have a larger garage. However, the loft over the garage lowered the ceiling far enough back that I was not able to fit a lifted golf cart in without removing the roof and windshield assembly on the golf cart. So we went with the Cyclone 3010.
Did like the master bed on the Fusion with night stands. But the extra closet space on the 3010 is nice too. BUT! No Night stands.
SO nothing was 100% for us. The Cyclone came the closest to fit what we wanted and needed. Good luck with your decision.

Miltp920

We have the 3100, and DW biggest complaint is no kitchen storage. we like the bath, one side of bed is cramped close to wall. wish it had separate living and kitchen, maybe the next one. we had to stay 2 axle, and wanted the garage.love the 6pt level.

Sniper

We own a 2011 3010 and absolutely love it! When we were trying to decide we looked at all of them (and I mean all of them). We too wanted a 2 axle, and stay in the 36 foot range. Things that are most important to folks vary greatly, but here was our list of what was most important to us: Weight (both empty & loaded), could we load & haul two Harley's easily, full size shower, washer/dryer hook-up in the front, and could we get to the fridge and into bed with the slides in (this was very important to us). We have had only one issue with it. One of the propane regulators starting leaking last year and needed to be replaced. We found the kitchen storage to be more than ample. In fact we have nothing in the big deep drawer under the fridge at all, but than again we don't cook inside and cook everything on the fire so our pot and skillet is kept in the basement. The dinning/living area is pretty cramped with the table in place. We no longer set that table up giving easy access to the couch, and instead set the table up in the garage area (once the bikes are out of course). It is great to drop the ramp, put the rear screen down and enjoy our breakfast & dinners there. I would highly recommend getting the auto leveling system. We did not, and after getting into another toy hauler set up in a campground last year that did have one, we decided we had to have one. Since we would be going aftermarket we decided on the BIG FOOT 6 pt system, and had it installed this past spring. We love it, however having one installed as factory option would have much cheaper.

We believe the quality on our Cyclone is as good or better than anything else on the market in it's size and price range. We have never had to deal with a warranty issue, or the factory so I can not speak to that. (Ours is out of warranty now)

Good luck with whichever on you decide upon, and happy, safe travels.