Cyclone 3010 - Prospective Questions

weekender01

Our local dealer has the ability to order the Cyclone Toy Haulers, but does not have a 3010 on there lot and am needing some help with a few questions I have not been able to find answers to. I hope someone with this unit can help me.

1. I love that the units basically come with everything standard as compared to other brands, but if we add just the patio kit and sliding 3 season doors any idea how much more weight that would add to the unit? The listed dry weight is under 11,000# so I am hoping these 2 options do not add much weight as I would like to be close to the listed dry weight as possible.

2. It appears that some of the kitchen cabinets are very high so is there an issue reaching them to get items or do you need a step stool/ladder? I am 5'9", but my wife is 5'3" and that is a concern.

3. Is the Canadian Artic package worth it? We live in NW Georgia and it can get pretty cold on occasion.

4. How much room is there below the table/bunks when they are raised? We have a golf cart with a roof and want to make sure that loading it would not be an issue.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

porthole

Retired
Take a picture of the 11K - odds are you will never see it :rolleyes:

10' garage - you will lose 8" or so if you get that 3 season door. And if you plan to carry a golf cart and a full size motorcycle the door frame will probably interfere. You should look at a trailer with that package with the 3010 layout in mind. The 3 season package is the same on all the models.

The cabinets in ALL the 5th wheels have cabinets that require a step stool for many people.

Stock carts usually not a problem. Lifted carts can be. Some here have removed one of the bunks to gain room for lifted carts. Without looking I would guess we have 8" or so of clearance. Newer 3010's I believe have the full roof line, with a 8' ramp door. That adds clearance, but if there is an overhead bunk, that takes away clearance.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
1. forget the empty weight...its the GVW that you need to look at. That's what your TV needs to be legal for.

2.you need to call Hl and ask for AJ Jones and ask about the extra weight. He is the CY brand manager.

3. yes, you need a folding step step stool.

4. Are you going to camp in sub-freezing weather? If so...then yes.

5. cant help you with the height. Hopefully some with a CY can.

Last edited:

weekender01

Thanks for the responses. This helps. As for the weight we would never load it up to the max, only a golf cart, food, propane, clothes and a dog bed.

avvidclif

Dream on. I have the CY3418 with 3 seasons door, genny, patio, extra awning (patio), 3rd AC. It's listed as 15,500 GVWR, 750 less than the 3010. The shipping weight was 12,800. Adding battery, propane, clothes, food, 600lb Harley in the garage, 30 gal gas, and normal camping gear. No water and tanks empty. The trailer weighs 15,100 with over 3400 on the pin. GCVWR is 23,340. Actual length is 38', total vehicle nose to tail 53'. The clearance under the bunks is 75", that's to the lowest point of the bottom bunk. I'm 6' tall and can just fingertip reach the release pins for the top bunk on the front, standing on the angle in the back I need another 8-10" inches of arm, step stool required.

weekender01

Dream on. I have the CY3418 with 3 seasons door, genny, patio, extra awning (patio), 3rd AC. It's listed as 15,500 GVWR, 750 less than the 3010. The shipping weight was 12,800. Adding battery, propane, clothes, food, 600lb Harley in the garage, 30 gal gas, and normal camping gear. No water and tanks empty. The trailer weighs 15,100 with over 3400 on the pin. GCVWR is 23,340. Actual length is 38', total vehicle nose to tail 53'. The clearance under the bunks is 75", that's to the lowest point of the bottom bunk. I'm 6' tall and can just fingertip reach the release pins for the top bunk on the front, standing on the angle in the back I need another 8-10" inches of arm, step stool required.

Thansk and this is why I am asking as I am trying to figure out how heavy this would be in reality vs. a spec written in a brochure.

avvidclif

We're packed light because of the pin weight so I would guess add the difference from my Harley and your golf cart to my 15,100 and you would probably be close. Maybe some of the 3010 owners could chip in, there are a bunch on here. I looked at the 3010 but the sideways tv viewing and the bathtub were no-go's for us. 'Sides I like my garage.

weekender01

We're packed light because of the pin weight so I would guess add the difference from my Harley and your golf cart to my 15,100 and you would probably be close. Maybe some of the 3010 owners could chip in, there are a bunch on here. I looked at the 3010 but the sideways tv viewing and the bathtub were no-go's for us. 'Sides I like my garage.

Thanks. It appears after all the feedback that this is going to be far too much weight for me to tow. Will have to continue my search at all the options. I like Heartland, but the only dealer close to me only sells Cyclones. The Torque TQ 291 layout looks interesting and appears to have a little more cabinet space. My top items I am trying to meet are total weight under 15300, pin weight under 2500, back patio, bunk in the back, can easily load a 4 seat golf cart and not too long (under 40').

porthole

Retired
Thanks. It appears after all the feedback that this is going to be far too much weight for me to tow. Will have to continue my search at all the options. I like Heartland, but the only dealer close to me only sells Cyclones. The Torque TQ 291 layout looks interesting and appears to have a little more cabinet space. My top items I am trying to meet are total weight under 15300, pin weight under 2500, back patio, bunk in the back, can easily load a 4 seat golf cart and not too long (under 40').

You have a tall order there.

Do you have this 4 seat golf cart?
Is it a two seat seater with a seat over the bag well or a true 4 seater?
Have you measured it?

Keep in mind, many garage measurements (whatever the brand) do not include the thickness of the ramp intrusion into the garage or the wall/door between the garage and living room. So a 10' garage for example may be only 9' 9" or so. Even less with the 3 season patio door.

weekender01

You have a tall order there.

Do you have this 4 seat golf cart?
Is it a two seat seater with a seat over the bag well or a true 4 seater?
Have you measured it?

Keep in mind, many garage measurements (whatever the brand) do not include the thickness of the ramp intrusion into the garage or the wall/door between the garage and living room. So a 10' garage for example may be only 9' 9" or so. Even less with the 3 season patio door.

Yeah I know I am searching for alot, but am tyring to find this if it even exist. I love the 5th wheel layout since the sliding doors can open to the bunk area. We have a 13 year old so that would be her room at night, but in the future would be our area for stuff especially the patio option. We looked at TT Toy haulers, but they just do not feel as open in back and many do not offer the patio.

We already have a golf cart and yes it is a 4 seater with the back seat over the bag area. The total length should not be an issue since I load this currently in the back of my 6.5' short bed truck. It is probably about 7 - 7.5' long.

This forum has been so helpful and thanks for all the feedback. It appears that I may need to upgrade tow vehicles to get what we want.

avvidclif

If the Cyclone is what you want I would suggest that a 1t dually be in your future. Especially if you are thinking bigger. I know there are those who pull the Cyclones with 3/4t's but I know how mine scales out and it's a 1t SRW.

Dennyha

We have a 2015 Cyclone 2010, with patio kit and 3 season doors. I don't know the actual weight of the patio railings and 3 season doors, but it is minimal. The 3 season door hardware is aluminum. We've loaded a 4 seat golf cart, with 5" lift kit and standard roof, into our garage, and there is plenty of clearance above the roof, even with our two bunks. The length of the golf cart takes up the vast majority of the garage length, but I can fit the golf cart and my Harley Ultra Classic in the garage at the same time.

weekender01

We have a 2015 Cyclone 2010, with patio kit and 3 season doors. I don't know the actual weight of the patio railings and 3 season doors, but it is minimal. The 3 season door hardware is aluminum. We've loaded a 4 seat golf cart, with 5" lift kit and standard roof, into our garage, and there is plenty of clearance above the roof, even with our two bunks. The length of the golf cart takes up the vast majority of the garage length, but I can fit the golf cart and my Harley Ultra Classic in the garage at the same time.

Thanks for the repsonse. After all our research we decided to order a 2016 Torque 321.