Cyclone 3110 Weight Labels

JamieD

Hi guys,
We just bought a 3110 in SC in November and really have to say we love it a lot. Question though - Dry weight is listed at 12900 on the website but on the door of the vehicle it shows unloaded dry weight of 8998. The sticker on the side has a GVWR of 16000 (which seems correct) and lists a max cargo load of 7664lbs.
I have some calls into Heartland about the Dry weight listed on the door - should it be a lot heavier? Also, does the the Max Cargo Load of 7664lbs mean we can add (water and waste water included) that much weight to the camper?

Thanks,

JamieD

Last edited:

danemayer

JamieD,

Congratulations on your 3110 and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly people.

The labels don't seem to make sense, so calling Heartland is the right way to go to get it straightened out. Please let us know what you find out.

Btw, I moved this into the Cyclone General Discussions area and deleted the similar post from the Cyclone Photo area.

Or, when you have the unit out, drop into a highway scale and weigh it. I know up here in Ontario the scales are usually on even when the scale is closed. You can drive on and set her down on the scale alone to get the trailer weight, then hook it back up and drive away. Just a thought.

shane1234

I have a 2013 cyclone 3110 and the dry weight on mine is 13,500 lbs. you should be around 13K unloaded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

porthole

Retired
Hi guys,
We just bought a 3110 in SC in November and really have to say we love it a lot. Question though - Dry weight is listed at 12900 on the website but on the door of the vehicle it shows unloaded dry weight of 8998. The sticker on the side has a GVWR of 16000 (which seems correct) and lists a max cargo load of 7664lbs.
I have some calls into Heartland about the Dry weight listed on the door - should it be a lot heavier? Also, does the the Max Cargo Load of 7664lbs mean we can add (water and waste water included) that much weight to the camper?

Thanks,

JamieD

Sounds like you got a TT decal.
One of the last things done the the trailer when it is built is getting weighed before going out the door and that decal affixed.
My decal doesn't give the actual weight, rather it gives teh capacity in an "as-built" condition (otions).
For me I take the GVWR and subtract to the "cargo capacity" on the decla to get the "as-built weight.

My GVW is 14,000, my "yellow" decal is 1,630 (cargo capacity), giving me an "as-built" weight of 12,370