cyclone 3800

bowman

Hi everyone I have just purchased a 2013 cyclone 3800 weight is 14500 lbs if you own one can you tell me how you like it. and what to watch for I purchased it in Ontario Canada from tilbury auto sales and rv will be towing it with a 2011 f250 6.7 crew cab 4x4 with 355 gears . thanks Don .

TacoTom

Hey Don...I am retiring from the Railway After 36 yrs and the wife and i just purchsed a 2014 Cyclone 3800. I wheeled and dealed a lot our list of options include Artic package, 3 AC's, the Cyclone Package, 6 pt leveling system, patio with 3 season door, extra fuel cell, toylock, 3 slide awnings, G Rated Tires. Table and Chairs Dinette. I will be tugging on this monster with a 2014 Ram 3500 Laramie LongHorn with the 6.7 Cummins Turbo Desiel coupled with the 6 speed Asian Transmission and 4-10 rear ends. We sent out tenders to about 10 RV dealers 6 USA and 4 Canada the lowest USA price was approx. **K all in, cash price no finacing, I presented the quote to a Lethbridge Alberta dealer and they matched the price in Canadian money so they were selected. We ordered back in Decemeber 13...glad now as the C$ tanked 10%...We should be getting the call soon saying it is ready.
I am hoping i recieved a good deal, it was somewhat hard work negociating with all them dealers. once they started getting down to 70K they started dropping off...calling each other names like "bottom feeders"...LOL
I bought the truck back in November as an Employee of CP I purchased it for $25.00 over dealer cost. I have not been driving it much, still only has 350km on it...took it to Banff and back, (I live in Calgary).
So all that said, I have alot invested in the retirerment thing...lol..Happy to say NO DEBT! though!!
Have you ever been out west to the Rockies?

Hi everyone I have just purchased a 2013 cyclone 3800 weight is 14500 lbs if you own one can you tell me how you like it. and what to watch for I purchased it in Ontario Canada from tilbury auto sales and rv will be towing it with a 2011 f250 6.7 crew cab 4x4 with 355 gears . thanks Don .

Last edited by a moderator:

bowman

Hi tom never been out west but as soon as I retire I will be travelling there. your 3800 sounds nice mine is a 2013 fully loaded even came with toppers for the slideouts . I hope my 2011 f250 6.7 can do the job it is all flat land hear in eastern Ontario

TacoTom

Hey Don...what are "Toppers" for the slide outs? Never heard of them before..Mmmmm?
I guess I put the price in my last message and the Moderator edited it out...oopps, sowwweeee.

Tom

Hi tom never been out west but as soon as I retire I will be travelling there. your 3800 sounds nice mine is a 2013 fully loaded even came with toppers for the slideouts . I hope my 2011 f250 6.7 can do the job it is all flat land hear in eastern Ontario

CabinetmakerII

Don, We tow our 2012 Cyclone 3800 with a 2011 F-450 DRW 6.7 diesel, crew cab 4X4 with 430 gears... ended up putting air bags on the truck and a 5th Airborne kingpin on the coach as we had a huge problem with "Chucking" I am finally able to smoothly pull the rig down the road. Good luck with your new rig! Perhaps we will see you around the camp fire!