Cyclone 3950 or Road Warrior 415

zigzag3337

Well, we have narrowed it down to the 3950 HD package or the 415 RW with the full body paint. The 3950 is a 2012 and the 415 will be ordered from the factory. We like both layouts, they are very similar with the options, 2nd AC, Patio option, electric rear stabilizers to name a few. The cyclone doesn't have the rear awning, but we are thinking about adding it to the RW. When it comes to the OTD price, the Cyclone is coming in about 3k more.

My question is if it was you, which one would you get? The dealer told me today, that there is a 99% chance that the 415 will be a 2013 model, but he couldn't guarantee it as that depends on the factory even though there are '13 model out already.

If we elect to order the 415, what other options should I consider from what I have listed below.

Electric rear jacks
5.5kw gen.
Full body paint
Cherry wood
Central Vac.
32" bedroom TV
Fantastic fan w/rain sensor in kitchen
2nd AC. 13.5 BTU in bedroom
Rear electric bed w/convertible sofas
Ramp door patio

I'm debating the Toy Lock and the rear awning.

Thanks in advance for your input.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since you are in Florida, I would for sure get the 2nd AC unit.
Fantastic Fan moves a lot of air and we would not be without.
If it is available and if you can swing it I would get the Level-Up system. Make a call to Heartland and ask for the RW or Cyclone team to see if it is something you could order.

Peace
Dave

zigzag3337

Thank you. What is the level up option. The 32' FW we have now, I added the remotes to the front landing gear and it sure made my life easier. Being the new coach has hydraulic front jacks, the unit I have only works with electric, so I won't be able to swap it over.

Thanks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If your life was made easier by the addition of the remote for the landing gear, you wont believe how easy it could be with the Level-Up.
Push a button and you are level in about 30 seconds.
RIGHT HERE is a little video about the system.
It is an option on some Heartland products, I don't know about the toy haulers.

Peace
Dave

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
The 2013 have been being built now for a couple months now, it really depends on when it arrived at the dealership. The level up option is available on both.

porthole

Retired
Why not just order the Cyclone instead? That would be my choice.
The Cyclone has a bit more included and the fit and finish has higher end components (unless things have changed) solid surface counter tops and cherry wood for example.

Before any other options picked I would order the Level Up and then go from there.
Don't need rear stab jacks with the Level Up.

Personally I would get as many options as I could, easier now then later. But if LevelUp cause something else to drop out I would opt out from the full body paint first.
The kitchen should already have a Fantastic Fan with the sensor, as well as the garage. I added one to the bathroom.

Electric rear jacks.............no with a Level Up yes without
5.5kw gen.......................yes
Full body paint.................maybe
Cherry wood....................???
Central Vac......................yes
32" bedroom TV maybe.....cheaper and more choices at Costco if you don't mind mounting yourself
Fantastic fan w/rain sensor in kitchen........see above
2nd AC.............................absolutely
Rear electric bed w/convertible sofas...................yes, way too costly to try and do after the fact. If they are in the way you can remove them. Will be a resell point
Ramp door patio.................maybe

I'm debating the Toy Lock maybe.......works OK and I have one and would probably order again. But nothing a 15' Krypontie cable lock won't do.

and the rear awning................Awning for the rear side door? I would love to have that option.

Urban350

For me the options would be, remember I live in Canada lol....
Cyclone to start with the HD package.
Level Up. Generator. Fantastic Fans, would like one in the bathroom. Rear electric bed. Ramp door patio. Heavier rated tires (300C). Awning over second door. Second furnace LOL...OK for you second AC. DW does not like the central vac, I think it works fine. Do not think I would get the awning over the ramp door. Yeti package, but not in Florida. Dual pane windows not sure about Florida but I think they would still help. I am on my 3rd Toy lock but do like it.

PUG

Pug
I had a 3950 (2009) for about three years. I usually had a couple of dirt bikes, a street bike, or a four wheeler in the garage. The new 3950s have more living area than my old one which was my major complaint. Yes we used the garage as an extra bedroom on a half dozen occasions. We had a cooler and a combo washer dryer in there also along with the half bath. The garage was handy to use as a rough offfice, clothes hangup room, and general storage.

We are in our sixties so we don't have kids with us where all the extra beds would be nice. After three years we got tired of tripping over each other and when we had friends over having to bunch up to watch tv. A real pain.

We have since purchased another 5er (37ft) and pull a small trl behind it to carry the toys. This has worked out great and we have much more living area. We have the regular bed and the couch pullout that so far we haven't used.

The hydraulic level up systems are very nice. I had nothing but trouble with the electric levelers. The trl we have now is considered a full time living coach and has the dual ac, dual windows, extra insulation and numerous other add ons.

If you look at my type of setup you will need to check your length restrictions in the states you travel in. Usually 65 ft total is the norm. There area few eastern states along with Oregon and Washington that don't allow double trls. I am right at 65 ft but I see numerous 5ers and coaches that are much longer and from what I hear as long as you don't do something stupid they don't bother you.

It all depends on what you use the trl for. If for mostly short stays and lots of kids and in fair weather, yes the toy haulers are OK. If for extended stays in colder and hotter climates I go with the regular 5er and a trl.

If you need more pointed opinions just PM me. Good luck.

zigzag3337

Thanks for all the replys. I really do appreciate it.

I have a 32' FW that I pull a trailer behind to carry the golf cart on. Now that the state parks in Florida and Georgia allows us to bring the carts in, we are wanting to take it more often. Neither state, by law, allows this, but we have done this for a long time and yet have had any issues. With both trailers hooked up, I am 64' 11". My thought was, if I got stopped, at least they would only give me one ticket for the triple tow and not one for being over 65'...lol

Today, our circumstance has changed as we are now part of the Heartland family. We ended up going with the '12 Cyclone 3950 HD coach. It doesn't have the awning over the patio, but it does have the two awnings on the side of the coach. It's also equipped with the 2 ACs, the 2 refrigerators, the patio, the hydraulic front jacks, the toy lock, and the 5.5 generator. Now we can't wait to take delivery of it (they are talking next Saturday or maybe Monday week).

Again, thanks for everyone's input.