Cyclone or Torque?

ADIRKS30

I am a current Cyclone owner. My brother is wanting to buy a toyhauler. What are difference s between Cyclone and Torque? Like what options is the Torque missing?

HornedToad

My comments from 1/27/2014 re posted...

[h=2]Re: Newbie from Georgia[/h]
I think the Torque toy hauler is a great value because most of the major components are the same as Heartlands high end line. To compare you need to learn about the differences that allow the lower price point.

The Torque has a lower height which cuts cost all the way round. With the lower roof/ceiling the Torque models do not offer a sleeping loft, but since they have the same suspension/chassis/GVWR as the other lines, a lower dry weight equals a higher CCC.

A lot of the finish is the same, solid surface counters, cabinetry, flooring and the furniture package is comparable. You will find other items were the Torque has just the basics… two piece shower, blinds, thumb latch baggage doors, 7 ft ramp door. And a few features standard on the high end line that Torque does not offer… a ladder, dual awnings, grill quick connect, fantastic fans.

The new Torque 380 has many of the high end features and I see a trend of Heartland upgrading the line.​

ADIRKS30

So this topic is on a thread somewhere. I've searched here and other rv forums and don't seem to find any real life experiences with what is different. Like obviously the Torque is 20,000 less, what are those options they leave off anyways?

danemayer

So this topic is on a thread somewhere. I've searched here and other rv forums and don't seem to find any real life experiences with what is different. Like obviously the Torque is 20,000 less, what are those options they leave off anyways?

Hi ADIRKS30,

Perhaps AJ, the Toy Hauler GM will chime in. Torque is relatively new compared to Cyclone and there aren't going to be a lot of owners who have had both. If I remember correctly, the Torque is at a much different price point so there may not be more than a few who have comparison shopped them.

If AJ doesn't see this post and respond, you probably ought to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 and ask for Toy Hauler Sales.

I looked at both before I bought. Ended up buying the Cyclone 4100. Looked at the Torque 380, which is very similar to the cyclone 4100. The Torque is a nice trailer, the Cyclone is just nicer. Better cabinets, countertops, and furniture. I didn't realize the Torque was shorter and only had a 7' door. Glad I didn't settle for the Torque as I want my Harley to go and come out of the trailer EASY. We had a travel trailer toy hauler and it was too much of an adventure getting the bike out!!!! I also didn't like the Brown exterior, I have a feeling that will look dated quickly.

HornedToad

I have a Torque now and we are considering upgrading to a Cyclone, to get a two bath model with a four door fridge & additional seating.

We've looked at over a dozen new Cyclones & Torques at three different dealers in the last three months and I cannot tell any difference between the cabinets, countertops, or furniture.
the Cyclone is just nicer. Better cabinets, countertops, and furniture.
DSC_94442.jpgDSC_28774.jpg

Back to the OP...
Like what options is the Torque missing?
These are some of the options I've seen only on the Cyclones...
Ladder
Electric Jacks
Ramp Patio (TQ380's have this option)
(this option requires an 8ft reinforced ramp door)
All seasons wall
Garage TV
Garage AC
Sleeping Loft
Four Door Fridge
Xtra Residential or Dorm Fridg (some Cyclone models)
Stainless steel kitchen sink
50 inch Den TV (available on the TQ380)
LED Lighting
Day/Night Shades
Nicer Baths (TQ380 bath same as Cyclone)
King Beds
Bedroom TV
Washer/Dryer Hookups (available on TQ380)
Slam lock baggage doors
UDC
Upgraded landing gear
6 pt Level Up
Aux fuel tank
Basement TV
Garage Door & Ramp Door Awnings

When you load up a Cyclone with all these options the pricing difference is over $20K.
If price is an important consideration look at the Torque, if you want options get a Cyclone!!!

I am very happy with my Torque, it is a very nice and functional Toy Hauler.

Heathcote4

Not to alter the topic but I was wondering.......

Last weekend we were at our dealer and noticed that there were no Road Warriors on the lot any longer. The service manager told us that the dealer discontinued carrying the model. I called Heartland and asked if they were discontinuing the product and they said no.

We didn't have a great experience purchasing our camper and it has been at the dealer more than with us but we are getting through the warranty items.

My wife really like the RW390 we got because of the unique floor plan but now I am concerned by the actions of the dealer. Has anyone heard anything about the Road Warrior?

Thanks,

Josh

Riski

I am a current Cyclone owner. My brother is wanting to buy a toyhauler. What are difference s between Cyclone and Torque? Like what options is the Torque missing?

Nancy and I just took delivery of our Cyclone 4100 a week and a half ago. Even though the purchase was painful (see my previous rant) I have to admit we are totally happy with ours. Heartland makes a quality coach. We're full timers (my wife is a traveling nurse and I am a software executive) now and are selling our home in California and considering selling the our home in Florida. We didn't look at the Torque but I understand the Cyclone to be the next step up. In any case, go Heartland. You won't be disappointed.

TravisJen

We shopped every option available within our tow limits when we were looking for our 5er. We toured numerous RW, Cyclones and Torques. Ultimately, it can down to being able to justify the additional $25,000 from a Torque to the Cyclone. We ended up getting the Torque 321.
We only looked at differences that mattered to us personally and had a hard time justifying the additional cost for hydraulic landing gear,a loft, an undermount sink and a patio option (which is now available since the Torques are now a full-profile).
Overall, we are very happy with our unit and can't wait for the warmer weather to get here so we can get out and enjoy it again. This is our first trailer so we obviously needed to leave some room to upgrade on our next one haha.

T

Tim_Victory

The Road Warrior product line is doing great and is not going anywhere. It is stronger now than it has ever been. From time to time, dealers part ways with some of the product lines for various reasons. Nothing to worry about, Road Warrior is here to stay.

Tim Victory
Heartland Regional Sales Manager
CYCLONE * ROAD WARRIOR * TORQUE

BobX2

How much time is he actually going to spend inside when he takes it out? Personally, I don't spend much time inside when we get out with the toys, and for 20K, I didn't see anything on that option list that I couldn't get by without for a few days at a time. If a person was going to full time in it, it would maybe make sense. Myself, I'd take the savings and smile all the way to the bank, and enjoy my weekend just as much as the guy who paid way more for his RV.

Seeso200

I have been looking at both also. Haven't decided yet which we will get but believe will meet our needs just fine. Do know Heartland is the only way to go!

jimtoo

Hi Seeso200,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Hope you get your Cyclone soon and join us at a rally somewhere. You will meet lots of great folks and eat lots of great food.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Hayseed

I am in the same boat, deciding Torque or Cyclone. Right now I am siding with the Torque 380SS as opposed to the Cyclone 3800HD. There is a serious price difference and I can do without a central vac and fireplace. You can buy a portable vac that is more convenient and my buddy just replaced a cabinet in his Puma with a fireplace for around $100. He even put the air stone around it to make it purdy.