Cyclone triple axle brackets (hangers) bent

ronlisle

I have a 2017 Cyclone 4005. I hit a curb that pushed the rear 2 axles to the left, bending the hangers/brackets. It appears that the middle bracket is Z shaped, bending towards the left. I've had 2 mechanics look at it. One thinks the bracket is supposed to be Z shaped and just needs a little bending back, and the other mechanic thinks it should be replaced with a straight bracket like the others, and not be Z shaped. Are all hangers point straight down, or does a middle bracket have a Z shape bending to the left?

david-steph2018

When you get this repaired, go ahead and have the welder install some gussets to help strengthen the hangars. If the one is bent that much, make sure the other 3 are not damaged. Any doubt in your mind, change these out as well.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Since you hit a curb hard enough to bend the spring hangers, the next concern is how badly are the tire’s sidewalls compromised??
I’d be keeping a close eye on them.

LBR

If you don't already have one, I would purchase a simple 6" laser level.

Take a 2x4 long enough to completely bridge both sides of a tire and "shoot" the tire next to it. Compute the thickness of the 2x4 and laser level beam standoff. Have a companion hold the level while you measure the beam at other tire. Shoot from all tires on each side. Compare all measurements.