Cyclone - Water plumbing valves, heater, connections

I just bought a 2007 cyclone 4012, and am clueless as to what to do with water hookups (fresh water vs city). I have run water into my city connection, but with my water pump off, no water comes out of anything. Also, where the valves are with the storage, which do I turn in order to get it pressurized and flowing to my sink? And lastly, what do I have to do to get my water heater to work, the water is very faintly warm at most.
I'm sorry for all of the rookie questions, but I am at a loss of what to do.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: ATF: Cyclone - Water plumbing valves, heater, connections

Hello Stretch527 and welcome to the Heartland Family and Heartland Owners Forum. Lots of good stuff here.
I moved your post to a more appropriate area. You should get some feedback here.
I am not familiar with the 2007 Cyclone but might be able to help some.
There is a lot of good information in the 'Tools' area at the top of the page.
You might find the 'User Guides' and 'Owners Manuals' helpful.
One thing that many people do is to turn on the water heater when the heater is empty. That will burn out the element.
So be sure the water heater is full before doing so.
If your water is only warm I suggest that you be sure that the outside shower faucets and indoor shower faucets are turned off.
If left on they serve as a mixing device. No hot water, but only warm because of the hot cold mix.
Others with a Cyclone will chime in as to the correct position of the winterizing valves.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Hi Stretch527,

Congratulations on the new-to-you Cyclone. We have some owner-written user guides that you might find helpful. There's a water systems guide that will help with many of your questions. There's also a Water Heater Usage Guide that will answer those questions.

Hopefully you haven't turned on the electric side of the water heater without verifying that it's full of water. If you did, you may have burned out the electric heating element.

Here's a link to the user guides.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Hi Stretch527,

Congratulations on the new-to-you Cyclone. We have some owner-written user guides that you might find helpful. There's a water systems guide that will help with many of your questions. There's also a Water Heater Usage Guide that will answer those questions.

Hopefully you haven't turned on the electric side of the water heater without verifying that it's full of water. If you did, you may have burned out the electric heating element.

Here's a link to the user guides.

Everytime I open this thread I get a popup ad for a Plumber. This is the only one that happens to. What is the deal. I don't have adware on my computer.

jimtoo

Everytime I open this thread I get a popup ad for a Plumber. This is the only one that happens to. What is the deal. I don't have adware on my computer.

Well,,, you got some now... some where you got one of those ad hunter things on your system. I had one a while back and took a lot of looking to get it off.

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Well,,, you got some now... some where you got one of those ad hunter things on your system. I had one a while back and took a lot of looking to get it off.

Jim M

Wonder why it only pops up with this thread. No other websites

jimtoo

Just type in "plumbing" or something like that, in your browser and see if it comes up... you might look in your control panel .. I think the one I found on mine was "adseeker" or something like that. And it may be attached to your browser if you have made any changes. It liked to drove me nuts for 2--3 days.

Sorry to sound like a newb:
i have two connections: fresh and city water. When I filled my city water, it says I'm full. However, I can't seem to have any water without my pump running. What do I need to do to get my city water to run throughout my trailer? There are two valves next to my city and fresh water connections, I've figured the right side is to dump fresh water tank, the left side is to pressurize?

main question, what do I have to do to get my city water connection flowing to my sink/shower?

danemayer

Sorry to sound like a newb:
i have two connections: fresh and city water. When I filled my city water, it says I'm full. However, I can't seem to have any water without my pump running. What do I need to do to get my city water to run throughout my trailer? There are two valves next to my city and fresh water connections, I've figured the right side is to dump fresh water tank, the left side is to pressurize?

main question, what do I have to do to get my city water connection flowing to my sink/shower?

Sounds like your fresh tank is full and the pump is delivering water to the faucets. So most of your system is functioning normally.

The fresh tank fill on your unit is probably the gravity fill type - an opening about 1" diameter.

There are 2 hose connections where you can attach the water hose. One is city water inlet and the other is the black tank flush. It's very important that you don't mix them up. Once you attach the water hose to the city water inlet, and turn on the campground faucet, water should flow through to the faucets. If that's not happening, there may be a problem with the city water inlet.

If you hooked the hose up to the black tank flush by mistake, you're filling the black tank and won't ever get water through the faucets. But after a little while the black tank will be full and you'll have water running off the roof or out the underbelly.

The 2 valves next to the water connections are 1) a water heater bypass valve and 2) an antifreeze suction line valve. There may be a diagram on a label attached to the inside of the cargo door showing all these connections.

Sounds like your fresh tank is full and the pump is delivering water to the faucets. So most of your system is functioning normally.

The fresh tank fill on your unit is probably the gravity fill type - an opening about 1" diameter.

There are 2 hose connections where you can attach the water hose. One is city water inlet and the other is the black tank flush. It's very important that you don't mix them up. Once you attach the water hose to the city water inlet, and turn on the campground faucet, water should flow through to the faucets. If that's not happening, there may be a problem with the city water inlet.

If you hooked the hose up to the black tank flush by mistake, you're filling the black tank and won't ever get water through the faucets. But after a little while the black tank will be full and you'll have water running off the roof or out the underbelly.

The 2 valves next to the water connections are 1) a water heater bypass valve and 2) an antifreeze suction line valve. There may be a diagram on a label attached to the inside of the cargo door showing all these connections.

When I connect my water to my city connection, NOTHING comes out of my faucets or shower. Then again, the rv campground is on a well, and I'm only getting about 30-40 psi on my reducer, so am I getting enough pressure? I read somewhere that there must be enough pressure from my city connection with a check valve, or it won't open due to lack of pressure. True?

danemayer

30-40psi from the campground should be plenty. Are you sure there's water coming out of the hose where you're connecting to the city water inlet? If you have a pressure reducer and/or filter or other things in the path, that might be a problem. You'll never get more water inside than is coming out the end of the hose.

If the trailer's been sitting around for a long time, it might be possible that the check valve at the city water connection is stuck. Try pressing on it with your finger.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Is it possible to contact the previous owner?
That may answer all of your questions.

Peace
Dave