Daily mileage

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Best rule of thumb and advice I can offer you as a proffessional driver with about 1.5 million safe miles in big trucks is ....

DON'T DRIVE TIRED!!!

If, I'm tired, I go to bed. If I want a break, I stop. If I want to take the day off, I take a day off. If I want to take a month off, I take a month off. If the weather is bad, I wait it out. I don't care what somebody else wants me to do or how fast they want me to get there. Behind the wheel, I'm the boss and it's my decision and with a perfect safety record I just might be making a few good decisions on my own.... I have never not delivered a load I left with.

Better to arrive late than never. Drive to YOUR abilities, not somebody elses.

However..... Driving retired is OK.;)

convert

Reginald Hromek
OK!! Ya got me curious. We'll be going for a Gonzales burger in the next day or two. Since we arrived I've been going to the Diaz Diner every Thursday for breakfast with a few of the "boys" here in the park. Lin & I are also hosting a breakfast in the park on Jan 8th.

Dave, Reggie, Jerry, Should I sign you up? Ham, egg & cheese scramble with hash browns, fresh fruit, toast & juice. $3.50...

Hey Ray,

If you're going for breakfast, I've got to eat too so sign me up and Nancy too if women are welcome. If not, oh well! Can't beat the price or the menu. Gonzales Burgers just a novelty for me, its only a burger.

Thanks for the invite
Reggie

convert

Reginald Hromek
Ray, Maybe I mis read your info on the breakfast. At any rate sign us up for it WE still got to eat. See you in Jan.
Reggie

lwmcguir

We like to travel 5-6 hours and leave time to enjoy the rest of the day. Sometimes we take a brake in a scenic area or area of interest in the middle of the day but still try to keep travel time to a minimum. When we were young then it was 12 hours on the road and set up in the dark.

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Having done some extended drives back in the day (17 hours, switching drivers), you reach a personal point when your butt cheeks will tell you they don't want back in the vehicle, no matter how far from home you are. Sharp sticks and cattle prods were the only way to get them back in the car.