Damp/Wet Tool Box Area in Front Storage Compartment

jwalker1

Hi Folks,'t

Well I am constantly finding a damp/wet floor area in the front storage compartment tool box area of my 2011 3950 HD. Any ideas? I let it dry out two days ago and now it's wet again. It has been in the high 20's here in Lumberton, NC the last couple of nights. I don't see any leaks and that's the only area that is wet/damp. I use spray and wash to get rid of the rusty mold. TIA for any ideas.

jnbhobe

look behind the UDC you probably have a loose connection back there

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
UDC = Universal Docking Station. This is where (on most models) all the outlets, tank valves, winterizing valves etc. are located. You may have to remove the basement walls to get behind the UDC to check things out.

That being said, our storage area also leaked when traveling during rainy weather but it was because that area is not shut off from the outside. You could open the hatch and actually look across at your neighbors rig. I used some screen and expandable spray foam to help seal this area. It hasn't leaked since I used the foam!

Best Wishes!

UDC.jpg

BarneyFife

Since my 370C is similar to the 3950, let me throw in my .02.

The UDC is a good start. Our black tank flush line was all screwed up from the factory. It flooded our pass-through storage the first time we used it.

Our shower plumbing is in that area. Is yours? The trap hangs down from overhead. If its loose or cracked, could water be dripping out?

Water heater? Its overhead, right? Is something slowly leaking up there?

jwalker1

I will check all of the connections and the shower drain. Thanks for all of the replies and assistance.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Mine gets wet all the time - if your Fresh water connection leaks - that will end up getting the tool box area wet as well... I have yet to find a quick connect for a hose that does not leak ... next spring I will be hard running a hose to the under side of the rig for Fresh water connections ... If it drips down there it only waters the lawn...

Kevin

Sandpirate69

I've had that same issue since I purchased my Rig. It doesn't have any leaks in the pipes or water connections. It's the strangest thing. I have 5 Damp/Dry things in the basement trying to keep that moisture controled. I'm currently trying to make a baffle so that water doesn't travel under it & see if that helps.