Dangerous Prescription Drugs from Mexico

wdk450

Gang:
Growing up in southern California in a predominantly seniors/elderly living area. I have heard of seniors going to Mexico for dental, medical and PHARMACEUTICAL needs, at a much lower price. A new article by the Los Angeles Times, and verified by a UCLA study found a MAJORITY (12 out of 17 samples) of the prescription pills purchased in Mexico were laced with FENTYNL and METHAMPHETAMINE.

BTW, I have been hearing reports of MANY people going North across the border here in the San Diego area for daily work, etc. in the U.S. have been attempting to smuggle the $2.95 per dozen eggs produced under very lax health laws in Mexico into the U.S. to sell at the current U.S. prices. The Customs fine for this is $300 per incident, and they are catching quite a few people attempting this.

rmeyer

Gang:
Growing up in southern California in a predominantly seniors/elderly living area. I have heard of seniors going to Mexico for dental, medical and PHARMACEUTICAL needs, at a much lower price. A new article by the Los Angeles Times, and verified by a UCLA study found a MAJORITY (12 out of 17 samples) of the prescription pills purchased in Mexico were laced with FENTYNL and METHAMPHETAMINE.

BTW, I have been hearing reports of MANY people going North across the border here in the San Diego area for daily work, etc. in the U.S. have been attempting to smuggle the $2.95 per dozen eggs produced under very lax health laws in Mexico into the U.S. to sell at the current U.S. prices. The Customs fine for this is $300 per incident, and they are catching quite a few people attempting this.
In Mexico for the winter. Have been doing this for 15 years. No problems. Question the authenticity of the article.

roy2

we was down there thismorning i hope its not the case we been doing it as long as meyer has been. all we can do is hope for the best.a lot of people go down there for there meds and dental. its so much cheeper there.

wdk450

I think that The L.A. Times Newspaper and UCLA School of Medicine rate pretty high on the credibility scales. Things change, as the gangsters get more insidious. What was safe in Mexico 10 years ago, may be no longer safe.

With less than a gram of Fentanyl being a LETHAL dose, is this worth the gamble???

lorenzzo

Thanks for sharing this important information. It's unfortunate that seniors are going to Mexico for pharmaceutical needs and potentially putting themselves at risk with laced prescription pills.

centerline

we know several american friends who have been living in mexico for many years, and they claim the services there are about as good as here, and there is nothing concerning to worry about....
and ive heard nothing bad about the medical, dental, drugs and other services, but only how much cheaper it is to live there....

personally, I will say that I believe that every story of this type seen in the news today is politically motivated, with the truth falling to second or third place to the point someone is trying to force into us.... so I dont believe the "opinions" that are posed as "political/health problems"...

I WILL agree there are bad drugs to be found there, but as of yet, I dont feel they are trying to enter the legal drug market with their poisons....and if so, what would you suppose is the point of lacing a drug that is meant to cure a problem, being laced with a drug that has nothing to do with the problem?...
I think its a scare tactic meant to keep people turning to and buying the outragously over priced products the american drug companies produce in an attempt to legally extort us, separate us from our money... AND, which about 28% of the time, the drugs produced are found to cause serious problems in people, with class action lawsuits following.... so, in amarica its legal, but if mexico creates it, its BAAAAD SHl+.....according to the american media....

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you’re a military retiree, you can get your scripts mailed to you in 90 day’s quantities for $12 a pop. No need to go to Mexico. Last time I was there was 2013 (Cancun & Cozumel). Nothing like Federale gun jeeps on every corner leading to the highway to the Mayan ruins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We cross into Mexico from Progreso TX. While we don’t specifically shop for our couple of maintenance drugs, our US prescription plans are cheaper, we do purchase a few pharmaceuticals that in the states require a script whereas in MX they are over the counter products (amoxicillin, Z-pack, etc)
Is the cartel there? Likely. But some of us think they might even be protecting the gringos. If something horrific would happen and all the Americans that cross each day to stimulate this little town’s economy stopped coming over, this village would be the proverbial ****hole

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We've been supplementing our American meds for the times wwe fall into the "donut hole". They are MUCH cheaper there for those times. We have never had a problem with anything bought in Progresso and will continue to do so.

The prevalence of pills laced with fentanyl and methamphetamine is alarming and highlights the importance of being cautious when purchasing medications abroad.
As for the reports of people smuggling eggs across the border, it's unfortunate to hear about individuals taking risks for financial gain. It's essential to prioritize safety and legality in all endeavors.
If anyone is struggling with substance abuse or has concerns about the safety of prescription drugs, reaching out to a reputable drug rehab center could provide valuable insights and support. They have professionals who can offer guidance tailored to individual needs.

Last edited:

wdk450