Dealer is horrible!

kowAlski631

They also like referrals. We had great service when we let it be known that our sons were looking for travel trailers - & especially when they showed up while we were there.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I was fulltiming. Staying on their lot.
Friends with the service manager.
They kept saying each time, oh your so patient, we wish every customer was as patient as you.
That was a nice compliment, but the work wasn't getting done in a timely fashion.
I was seeing the same dropped off rigs on the lot when I came back two months later for another repair.
Felt even worse for those folks.
That is not as much of a problem at independent shops.

Dealers as a whole do not have as great a sense of urgency when it comes to fixing problems.
Trace

Paul & Nan

This whole thread causes me to repeat my mantra: For dealers a Service department is a necessary bother to the primary income of sales profits; for independent 3rd party RV repairers Service is their entire business. Getting your rig done quickly (so they get paid quickly), doing a quality job that will bring your business back (and you will tell other RV owners about), are all things that a smart RV repairer strives for in his business.
Heartland service will pay for warranty repairs to 3rd party repairers with prior authorization. They keep lists of local repairers they have had good experiences with.
And Baileys RV in Lufkin, TX starts work on the rig at the appinted hour on the appointed day, and your rig is ready if not that day usually the next. If parts have to be ordered it is done quickly. The best we have ever dealt with. If you are near them they are wonderful.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
And Baileys RV in Lufkin, TX starts work on the rig at the appinted hour on the appointed day, and your rig is ready if not that day usually the next. If parts have to be ordered it is done quickly. The best we have ever dealt with. If you are near them they are wonderful.

Never dealt with them on a service basis but did drive up from lake Charles to look at a couple of units for sale on his lot. Very nice, opened the units up and let us spend as much time in them as needed with out bothering us, just asked us to lock up when done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadJunkie

Tell them you think your rig is a lemon and that you are thinking of buying a new one from them...BUT, you first have to fix this one so that you can sell it...if you could only get their service dept. moving. Front of the line?

Ladiver

RoadJunkie, that is a good idea. BUT, by no means do I think the rig is lemon. As a matter of fact, I love it. The quality is pretty good. The thing that gripes me is the stupid, simple, fixes that take way too long. I think all RV manufacturers should invest in time management courses for their dealer/service networks.

Regardless of the few items not fixed, I am still headed to San Diego on Friday. I can't believe that my wife is actually excited about "camping"!!!!!

RoadJunkie

Not saying your rig is a lemon, by far most are excellent units. When these repairs are behind you, you will have great experiences, Im sure.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
RoadJunkie, that is a good idea. BUT, by no means do I think the rig is lemon. As a matter of fact, I love it. The quality is pretty good. The thing that gripes me is the stupid, simple, fixes that take way too long. I think all RV manufacturers should invest in time management courses for their dealer/service networks.

Regardless of the few items not fixed, I am still headed to San Diego on Friday. I can't believe that my wife is actually excited about "camping"!!!!!

I'm not discounting your frustration, been there, done that, too. But I have learned, "roll with the punches" kind of attitude makes RVing much easier to enjoy. It's not "if" something is going to need attention, it's "when". ;)

Enjoy your time in San Diego!

TXTiger

Ladiver, where are you staying in San Diego? I just went snorkeling at La Jolla Cove on Sunday. The water temp is great, about 70, and the visibility is 15 to 20 feet. Are you going diving while here?

Ladiver

We are staying at the KOA in Chula Vista. Did not really plan on taking dive gear, but that could change.