Dealing with Camping World - Lessons Learned

magikmn

I'm curious if anyone else cares to provide feedback on getting warranty service at Camping World? The internet is filled with testimonials about the terrible experience with CW service, mine included. I'm going on month 3 with my rig in a CW shop, which was bought new and taken out twice before having structural issues. There is no end in sight, and I was just advised more parts have to be ordered with approx another 4-6 week wait for parts, plus time for installation.

My wife and I are reasonable people, we understand parts and work take time, and we're only one camper among thousands needing service. I also realize each shop is vastly different in this industry. My biggest question - is the warranty/service frustration particularly bad with Camping World, or is this an industry-wide issue? I'm fortunate enough to be a good enough DIYer that I can fix most problems, but structural issues are beyond my skill set. I can't even imagine what it's like for folks who need to get service for every little broken item.

If anyone cares to comment on CW or just generally, I'd love to hear feedback. I'm also thinking my next purchase will not be brand new.

**Additional edit - Although Heartland's front line customer service was less than stellar, the company has honored my warranty claims and approved all materials and parts orders. There hasn't been any back and forth for approvals, so from that perspective, Heartland has stood behind the product. **

Thanks....

Last edited:

rhodies1

CW sucks....
You will need to keep on their *** because their focus is on selling and if there are small issues someone notes at time of buying,,,that comes first, your unit is a fill in when they get time.I would never buy from them: just dealing with them at their store level has been a pain. I have left my membership for store and towing elapse. Not going back.

magikmn

CW sucks....
You will need to keep on their *** because their focus is on selling and if there are small issues someone notes at time of buying,,,that comes first, your unit is a fill in when they get time.I would never buy from them: just dealing with them at their store level has been a pain. I have left my membership for store and towing elapse. Not going back.
I definitely have learned that lesson. Even the service manager told me that they pull tech resources in and out, so there's no guarantee when they'll actually work on it. I've already decided I'll never spend another dime at CW. Of course, they love to ambulance chase -- I have a sales guy hounding me to trade and upgrade. Like, for real? You've gotta be kidding me... but of course, they're dead serious.

sengli

In my limited experience, most of the dealers I even attempted to do try and use are way behind, even before the covid issue hit. You already know what CW is like! If you think you can get into the heartland service center, forget it. My landmark, was reffered to affinity in Goshen for my warranty issues. And I am thankful for that, cause those guys are on the money.

Buying an RV is nothing like buying a new car as far as service is concerned.

Jdm2326

The experience from cw service/parts been awful they give you the run a ran about getting service or repair, the wait time is is about 2/3 month out. I try to get appraised my 2022 mallard m32 in order to upgrade and the selling point for the m32 was 44k only had for almost 7 month and they offer me 28k. They are out of their mind, I won’t deal with their service or parts ever again. I’m just asking 38k for my mallard m32 is all pay off.

magikmn

Of course, on top of all of this, the CW sales team has been hounding me. "You know you can trade this camper in, while is still being repaired..... we'll give you a good trade..." Of course they want to upsell me on a larger, more $$$ unit. While I have ZERO intention of spending any more money at CW, I decided to play their game to get the numbers. I bought my unit in Oct 2021, been out of commission since July 2022 - and they offer me a trade value of 52% less than what I bought it for.

I fully understand depreciation, but that's a true insult. It's a similar story to @Jdm2326 above.

In an earlier thread, someone had mentioned going to the Affinity group. Even though I'm in Pennsylvania, it'd have been worth the drive.

I'm curious if anyone else cares to provide feedback on getting warranty service at Camping World? The internet is filled with testimonials about the terrible experience with CW service, mine included. I'm going on month 3 with my rig in a CW shop, which was bought new and taken out twice before having structural issues. There is no end in sight, and I was just advised more parts have to be ordered with approx another 4-6 week wait for parts, plus time for installation.

My wife and I are reasonable people, we understand parts and work take time, and we're only one camper among thousands needing service. I also realize each shop is vastly different in this industry. My biggest question - is the warranty/service frustration particularly bad with Camping World, or is this an industry-wide issue? I'm fortunate enough to be a good enough DIYer that I can fix most problems, but structural issues are beyond my skill set. I can't even imagine what it's like for folks who need to get service for every little broken item.

If anyone cares to comment on CW or just generally, I'd love to hear feedback. I'm also thinking my next purchase will not be brand new.

**Additional edit - Although Heartland's front line customer service was less than stellar, the company has honored my warranty claims and approved all materials and parts orders. There hasn't been any back and forth for approvals, so from that perspective, Heartland has stood behind the product. **

Thanks....
Beside parts on back order constantly and not enough service techs anywhere. For camping world, it’s the lack of zero respect. No call backs. They just leave you in the wind. Condescending attitudes every time you call them, for me; all of us spend good money on an over priced camper. Unfortunately for me, they are the only ones who sell the Fuel ugh. So I am Stuck dealing with them at times. Heartland warranties have let me use a mobile tech a few times which helps with the speed of the repair. Good luck my friend, hope your camper is fixed soon…