Decals Coming Off

GarryH

I have a 2005 Landmark that the decals were coming off. I fixed them permanently. When we were in Lo de Marcos, Mexico last winter I had all the decals removed including all the "Landmark" lettering and had them painted on---plus I added an extra decal the length of the trailer----then it was given a coat of clear coat and two coats of wax/polish. I was impressed in how they did the lettering as I thought they would never get it to look original but it came out better than new. The 5th wheel looks brand new and all for $20,000 pesos (less than $2,000) And I never got shot, mugged, robbed or hi-jacked---lol.:)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have a 2005 Landmark that the decals were coming off. I fixed them permanently. When we were in Lo de Marcos, Mexico last winter I had all the decals removed including all the "Landmark" lettering and had them painted on---plus I added an extra decal the length of the trailer----then it was given a coat of clear coat and two coats of wax/polish. I was impressed in how they did the lettering as I thought they would never get it to look original but it came out better than new. The 5th wheel looks brand new and all for $20,000 pesos (less than $2,000) And I never got shot, mugged, robbed or hi-jacked---lol.:)

How long did it take? Can you post pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)

We have a 2009 Landmark with decals that are turning black and look terrible. I was thinking that the best to do was like you did and remove them and paint but was concerned about the price. I too would like to see pics of your rig. Maybe someday we'll get our fixed.

Thanks for sharing,
Mark

olcoon

On our Elk Ridge while it was under warranty I noticed an issue with the decal on the front cap. Took it to the dealer & they replaced it. They had an issue when installing it, they didn't have an enclosed shop they could put it in & had to do it outside. They picked a day with no wind & when they were getting ready to apply it, a gust of wind caught it & it stuck to itself. Ruined the decal, so they had to order another one. The next time they took it to a shop that does this type of work professionally.

GarryH

It took about 5 or 6 days total as the work was spaced out over time----there was usually 3 or 4 fellas working on it at a time. I have pictures on the laptop and will post them later. This Landmark had been previously painted along the bottom 2 feet all around and the front under the 5th wheel. We painted that a better colour---- a deeper brown to match the decals---which was an improvement---but I notice that they were a little light with the paint on the front as I had some body work done since I got home due to tire damage on a back quarter panel----the paint we used here was of better quality so I plan to do the whole bottom again up here----other than that the clear coat and polish looks very good.

Bryced15

We have a 2005 Landmark Golden Gate. I'm looking into having the exterior completely refurbished. I am in need of complete replacement decals. From what I've read here it sounds like Heartland no longer carries decals as old as 2005. Who or what would someone recommend for totally replacing all the decals?

jimtoo

Hi Bryced15,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You might call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030, 877-262-8032, and check to make sure for your self. If not and your going to do the complete unit, I would pick the ones you like and have them shipped. You most likely can see pictures of what is available.

Let us know.

Jim M

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Heartland may not have access to the original decals, but I bet they have the electronic design files. It was mentioned to me at the factory that they can have the decals recreated digitally, but a "one-off" could be very expensive. Never hurts to ask!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk