Dexter axles

8404fmfvet

Any one here have Dexter axles on their fw? I'm just curious how good they, I couldn't find much about them good or bad. Thanks for and replies.

richheck

Seasoned Member
Any one here have Dexter axles on their fw? I'm just curious how good they, I couldn't find much about them good or bad. Thanks for and replies.

Have had Dexter axles on my last five fifth wheels, no complaints. Presently have a 17 Landmark365 Arlington with the factory installed Dexter disc brakes, very pleased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Our 2011 Landmark came with Dexter axles. No issues with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I think you will find that almost every towable RV has Dexter axles...

sengli

The factory is only 30 miles from my house. Several people I know work there. I have dexter axles under our rig, no issues I am aware of.

I’d always choose dexter. There are copies. But only one original dexter

wet bolts are a good upgrade. And don’t fill the hubs with grease if you have ezlube fittings.

2010 Ram 3500 HD traded in for new 2015 3500 HD DRW mega cab with the 3.42 gears
I haven't hooked up yet, we'll see how it pulls with 17" wheels. (Pulls great !)
2014 Cyclone 3100
G614 Goodyears
Good Sam gps
Trimark keyed alike
Xantex 2000 watt inverter "Inverter Service Center"
Blue Sea System toggle source selector
L.E.D. running lights
Quadra Bigfoot levelers
Dexter wet bolts
Boyo wireless backup camera
EMS-HW50C
TST 507RV
Smittybuilt air compressor
Splendide 2100XC
26k Husky hitch
Mor Ryde pin box
6-volt 240 AH batteries
Added dinette
Replaced L.E.D. tail lights with Leading Edge Trailer light bars (made in the US)

If you install the wet bolts yourself. Check the bronze bushing. A lot of mine where worn or cracked
The wet bolts have locking grooves on the shoulders. You want those to press into the shackles and not spin when you torques the nuts. This keeps the bolts stationary and the greased bushing move on the bolts and not the bolts in the shackles

i found that I have to use my leveling jacks to de-weight a couple of the bolts to get grease to flow into the bolts.

I havent taken a bolt bolt out to inspect anything. But I give them a shot of grease every 5000 miles or so and everything looks good. The porous bronze bushings hold grease and have lasted many years on some other trailers I’ve owned with dexter axles

wdk450

Dexter axles has been in business a LOT longer than Heartland is. In fact, Heartland Corporate and the main Heartland factory is on Dexter Drive in Elkhart, presumably the old site of the Dexter business.