Difference between Bighorn and Big Country?

kevinpo

I'm considering purchasing a 5th wheel and have boiled it down to 4 (I think). My question on two of them is what is the difference between the Bighorn model 3010 RE and the Big Country 3070 RE? The floorplans are pretty much identical as are the weights and lengths.

Regards,
Kevin

jimtoo

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

The main difference is a little difference in the interior decorations I think. Basic construction is pretty much the same. I'm sure some of our other members with more and better info will jump in soon.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Heartland rv and at a rally.

Jim M

RoadJunkie

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/53184-Bighorn-Big-Country?highlight=Difference
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/29176-Bighorn-vs-Big-Country
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/23113-Bighorn-vs-Big-Country

chaplady

I was in you position spent time seeing and actually in a big horn and a big country. Outside the frame suspension level up same big horn we looked at had a powered cord reel vs big country didn't.
We sat inside both rvs talking about what we liked and didn't like about interiors. What was important to us. We ended up with a big country over the big horn. No regrets.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
BH whisper quiet a/c BC LOUDER DUCTED A/C

Don't think the whisper quiet AC is that much quieter. As for us there it is about the same. BTW both are ducted it is just you cannot see the AC units in the ceiling in the 'whisper quiet' configuration. We think the regular AC configuration cools better. IMHO.

pegmikef

I'm considering purchasing a 5th wheel and have boiled it down to 4 (I think). My question on two of them is what is the difference between the Bighorn model 3010 RE and the Big Country 3070 RE? The floorplans are pretty much identical as are the weights and lengths.

Regards,
Kevin

I have the BH3010RE because when I ordered mine there were a couple of options not available on the BC. We liked both models. That was almost three years ago and I think now you can get the same options on both of them. They are made on the same line (as are the Landmarks). One difference these shorter models have is the main I-Beams are 10 inches vs. 12 inches so they sit a little lower. They both are very nice RVs.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Take note that Tom Montague, who was the Heartland GM instrumental at revamping the Landmark into the Landmark 365 you see today, has now moved to the Bighorn GM position. That to me means, "expect something really new to be coming" in the Bighorn line in the next 9-12 months. What is coming out NOW may not have much of Tom's hand in it, but I bet by Spring we'll see some more changes.

RoadJunkie

Maybe a Bighorn 365! Yesterday I stopped by at our local dealer and looked at some new Bighorns. Aside from the Lippert Furniture and residential refer, I didn't notice enough difference from my current rig to buy a new one. So, I'm anxious to see what Tom comes up with.

jbeletti

Take note that Tom Montague, who was the Heartland GM instrumental at revamping the Landmark into the Landmark 365 you see today, has now moved to the Bighorn GM position. That to me means, "expect something really new to be coming" in the Bighorn line in the next 9-12 months. What is coming out NOW may not have much of Tom's hand in it, but I bet by Spring we'll see some more changes.

I believe Erika is right! Expect Tom to put his mark on the Bighorn (and Oakmont) line next year.