Direct TV for your trailer.

jnspenc

BigSpenc
We were going with the permanent mount mainly because of some peoples "sticky fingers" We didnt want it to grow legs one night and then we are without a dish. I like the idea of the wireless genie. We have that at the house, and its pretty nice. I was kind of wondering how the outside tv was going to work, so it's usually hooked into one of the tv's inside.

How do you like your Newport, btw? That's the floorplan we picked as well. Cant wait for it to come in. We had to order it, since the place we bought from didn't have any with the stadium seating, and we had a regular gas stove added, instead of the induction cook top.

We LOVE LOVE LOVE it....we got the theater seats and love the induction. My wife didn't want the oven because she uses the convection microwave. More storage too. We also got the dishwasher. Though I think we got it just because we could. We like it but could have used the storage under the sink. I look at it this way, I got fired as the dishwasher, which is ok with me. Lol!!! The Wireless Genie mini works great for both bedroom and outside TV. BTW, the antenna I have, I wanted to be able to get signal anywhere, and not worry about trees and such to get a good signal. Just my choice I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Currently, you cannot get a covered roof-top dish like you see with the white plastic dome on them for use with Direct TV HD signals. You can use them for non-HD Direct TV service. So, most people who want the DTV HD, go with a Winegard Trav'ler open-faced automatic dish for the rooftop. If you are a Dish Network user, the domed dish is available.

As stated before, the other option for HD Direct TV service is to use a portable HD dish on a tripod outside the RV. When we first wanted RV satellite service, we called Direct SAT TV. They advertised in some of the RV magazines. They specialize in mobile Direct TV installations (or at least they did when we used them.)

As for us, when we set up our fulltime rig, it will have the Winegard Travl'er automatic dish on the roof!

Roy

Last edited:

mmomega

AnyTimer
You have 2 options for HD DirecTV.

The Winegard TRAV'LER or a Dish on a tripod.

The TRAV'LER / Slimline roof mount dish is the only automatic type dish I found to work with DirecTV HD.
I also have the VuCube which is a smaller easily movable automatic satellite dish but it will only pickup standard definition DirecTV but will do DishNetwork HD.
I also had another brand rooftop dome style automatic dish on our previous RV and it wouldn't pick up HD DirecTV either.

I finally caved :) and got the Winegard TRAV'LER while at the Goshen rally with HD DVR and non HD box. Works great!

Thanks to Elkhart Satellite for installing and getting me all hooked up.