Disc brakes gain setting

lukeysh

We have a new landmark Arlington with factory installed disc brakes. Any suggestions on brake gain setting. Even as low as 5 they still feel jerky.

Matt & Pam Padgett
2016 Landmark Arlington
2016 F-350
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Garypowell

My guess this will be an individual thing. Just switched my rig. Used 5.5 with my drums now using 6.5 with my discs. Still learning though.

pegmikef

Yeah as Gary said, it is really whatever feels good to you and depends a lot on how one applies their brakes. I experimented a little and think I ended up around six in my F350.

jnbhobe

I run mine at 6.5 it depends on what make and year of truck you have too MyFord controller is adjustable for electric over hydraulic brakes and whether you want light medium or heavy pedal

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

richheck

Seasoned Member
Matt:

First a reminder that you need to set your truck up for "electric over hydraulic" brakes. I have a 13 F 350 and have to change my settings from my dash console, not sure how you 16 operates. From there, adjust to your personal preference by trial and error. I would start at around 5 then adjust. I have only pulled my coach once and I forgot to do the change over, started at a 5 and made very few changes, only noticed a small lag time for breaking. After I unhooked at home did I finally realize my error in the change over. I'm looking forward to the next pull to see what difference the change over makes.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I lowered my setting from 6 to 5 when I switched from electric to hydraulic disc brakes.