Discussion: new Anderson all Brass Valve

shovelguy

For the second time in three months the Anderson valve has failed in my 14 month old Bighorn. Heartland will give me a new cartridge at no cost, but won’t replace the valve itself. I have ordered a new brass valve, part #MANRV 101 from ABCORV at 800 476 9876. Talk to Sabrina. There is a 4 to 6 week wait due to production backorders. It comes with a 5 year warranty and No cartridges to replace.Cost less than $200 dependent on freight to your location.

RVFun4Us

Received mine today after ordering on May 19th. So that gives you some idea about the wait time (back-ordered). Will install tomorrow. Just in time for our next trip in two weeks.

david-steph2018

Ordered one while at the rally this year. We don't have an issue yet, but since we received the $30.00 discount, went ahead and ordered to have a spare for when it does go bad. But still waiting on arrival ordered it on June 13th.

With the discount it was $139.00 for the valve, shipping included.

Last edited by a moderator:

RVFun4Us

Installed the Anderson valve today. Didn't take too long. As suggested on a download, I took photos of the back before I disconnected to insure I got the connections correct. After install, tested for leaks. Had an unrelated leak at the water pump (just a loose connection). Tested City connection, then filled water tank part way and tested pump. Everything went well, no other problems. Gave me a chance to vacuum out underneath the flooring. Took down two panels so I had easy access to everything. One thing I wanted to verify was whether there was a heat duct into the basement. I looked before but didn't have the center panel down then so couldn't see it. This time I found it so that is good to know. Also cleaned out storage area since I had everything out of there. Now organized again. I do not usually like to work on plumbing but this was an easy install. And good to know I don't have to rely on the plastic connections any longer.