Discussion thread for RV SnapPads

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
To SnapPad Support: I got my set of SnapPads around the first of the year and I am a total fan. I am experiencing the water collection issue since we seem to be in monsoon season down here in Florida. My foots have been full of water now for over a week and mosquitoes are breeding in the pool, I don't know if you have found a solution for future production yet, but I will be glad to share my thoughts with you. 40 years in tire manufacturing has to be worth something. So, email me at ahcooperii@gmail.com and I will share.
Hogan Cooper

- - - Updated - - -

We are definitely paying attention and very much appreciate your feedback. I ask you to try them out and keep an eye out for the standing water. See what your experience is - or if you'd like to 'nip it in the bud' feel free to follow Jerrod's lead and drill a small hole above the lip. We will still honor your warranty. That's true for all Heartland customers as well.[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Jerrod, I went back and reviewed all the chat about the trapped water and saw your weep hole. Thanks for the heads up. Also, I have just completed winding my way through your thread "Project LM-365" and found it fascinating. What was the cost of the GE microwave?

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
My SnapPads arrived yesterday. Hopefully get to install them this weekend. Took them out and looked them over. They're heavier than I thought they would be. Looked well made. Going to drill drain holes when I install. Thanks all for the info.

Bones

It is the Mercedes-Benz of microwaves. And sence it is the only oven / microwave cooking source in the LM 365 we feel it was a good choice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It looks really nice. By the way how did we start discussing your microwave on here for snap pads?

RV_SnapPad_Support

To SnapPad Support: I got my set of SnapPads around the first of the year and I am a total fan. I am experiencing the water collection issue since we seem to be in monsoon season down here in Florida. My foots have been full of water now for over a week and mosquitoes are breeding in the pool, I don't know if you have found a solution for future production yet, but I will be glad to share my thoughts with you. 40 years in tire manufacturing has to be worth something. So, email me at ahcooperii@gmail.com and I will share.
Hogan Cooper

- - - Updated - - -

We are definitely paying attention and very much appreciate your feedback. I ask you to try them out and keep an eye out for the standing water. See what your experience is - or if you'd like to 'nip it in the bud' feel free to follow Jerrod's lead and drill a small hole above the lip. We will still honor your warranty. That's true for all Heartland customers as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Jerrod, I went back and reviewed all the chat about the trapped water and saw your weep hole. Thanks for the heads up. Also, I have just completed winding my way through your thread "Project LM-365" and found it fascinating. What was the cost of the GE microwave?[/QUOTE]

Hi Hogan,
We hear you and we are working on a solution. We'll let everyone know when the solution becomes available. In the mean time you can follow Jerrod's lead and drill some drainage holes, blow off the access water with compressed air or soak up the water with a towel or paper towel.

Thank you for your thoughts and feedback.

kdubinwa

Tomorrow I'm going to yank my snap pads and drill holes. Any advice on how best to remove them without compromising the lip?

RV_SnapPad_Support

Tomorrow I'm going to yank my snap pads and drill holes. Any advice on how best to remove them without compromising the lip?
The only way to get them off without removing the bolt is to peel them off. To start, the jacks should be fully retracted ('up' position). It is best to start on one side (rather than removing the pad as a whole) and work your way around the rim - you probably will have to step on the side to get it started, then work your way around the rim. They were never really designed to come off once installed, so this process should be done as delicately as possibly. The rim of the pad shouldn't be compromised beyond minor scuffing, but keep a close eye to ensure it's fully intact. If you have any questions you can post a picture or send me a direct message and I will advise further.

Good luck.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Jerrod, did you drill your drain holes while the pads were on or did you take them off and drill them?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod, did you drill your drain holes while the pads were on or did you take them off and drill them?
So far I did the one hole with the pad on. But I'm sure by doing it that way the drill bit has scratched the paint off in that area. So I chose not to drill any more drain holes until I remove them and drill them off of the rig. I just haven't got around to it yet.

RV_SnapPad_Support

So far I did the one hole with the pad on. But I'm sure by doing it that way the drill bit has scratched the paint off in that area. So I chose not to drill any more drain holes until I remove them and drill them off of the rig. I just haven't got around to it yet.

Hi Jerrod,
Out of curiosity what has your experience with standing water been? You were instrumental for testing the retention early on. Have you noticed any additional corrosion or any potential issues? In fact that question goes for any current SnapPadders. Pictures, comments, ideas, criticisms are all always welcome.
Nabo (Nathan & Byrd) thank you so much, your feedback is critical to making a better product.
Origen is working on a solution and the more feedback the better our updated version will be.
We very much appreciate all HOC members and want to make the best possible product going forward.
Thank you & have a great weekend!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Snap-pad is a great product as is.....
I really have had no issues with them as they are. I have a little bit of rusty ring where the pad connect to the leg and noticed that the one pad with the hole in it is cleaner then the rest. Also noticed that they do tend to eventually drain when the legs are raised but will hold water for ever when they are down.
I need to pop them off and drill the rest of the holes as it differently makes a difference.
I never even thought about the mosquitos being a problem.
This one has no hole yet
ee10e033e6abda28841df71efa182dfd.jpg

This one has the hole in it
91af6987d264040480ca1026716efbe3.jpg

Thank you guys for making this awesome product for all of use.
I have been telling everyone out here about the SnapPad's.
Heartland members or not (anyone with level up on there rig)
Explaining all of the benefits they provide. Especially if they can get them on a new rig right away before the protective coating is scratched off the bottom of there pads.
I would love see your new version Snap-pads to see what you've done. Keep up the good work and thanks for paying attention to the customer on here, it means a lot to all of us.

Also you might consider making a pack of 4 2" stackers
To place under the SnapPad's in those situations where you need a few more inches to level your coach.
I want royalties on that one though. LOL

RV_SnapPad_Support

Snap-pad is a great product as is.....
I really have had no issues with them as they are. I have a little bit of rusty ring where the pad connect to the leg and noticed that the one pad with the hole in it is cleaner then the rest. Also noticed that they do tend to eventually drain when the legs are raised but will hold water for ever when they are down.
I need to pop them off and drill the rest of the holes as it differently makes a difference.
I never even thought about the mosquitos being a problem.
This one has no hole yet
ee10e033e6abda28841df71efa182dfd.jpg

This one has the hole in it
91af6987d264040480ca1026716efbe3.jpg

Thank you guys for making this awesome product for all of use.
I have been telling everyone out here about the SnapPad's.
Heartland members or not (anyone with level up on there rig)
Explaining all of the benefits they provide. Especially if they can get them on a new rig right away before the protective coating is scratched off the bottom of there pads.
I would love see your new version Snap-pads to see what you've done. Keep up the good work and thanks for paying attention to the customer on here, it means a lot to all of us.

Also you might consider making a pack of 4 2" stackers
To place under the SnapPad's in those situations where you need a few more inches to level your coach.
I want royalties on that one though. LOL

Amazing feedback with the pictures! SnapPad stackers, I like it! Thank you Jerrod!