Dish network joey not working in bedroom

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
I do know that I have a dish roof top Winegard Trav'ler for the Dish TV and it does not support using the Joey with certain other receivers. Check out the Web site if your using Winegard dish system.

danemayer

Does the Joey require some type of ethernet or private WiFi connection to the Hopper unit? Do you have that?

MGOBLUE67

Does the Joey require some type of ethernet or private WiFi connection to the Hopper unit? Do you have that?
I have an actual home dish network disk on a tripod. IMG_3227.jpgIMG_3226.jpgIMG_3226.jpg
It worked in my previous travel trailer. My living room was a snap to get going yet cannot seem to connect bedroom

MGOBLUE67

Did you call Dish to activate it ????
That has to be done first.

Also what dish are you using ?
Yes dish has activated the Joey
i also purchased a sole node splitter specifically designed for dish network for their joey box
I'm using a home tripod dish

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Here is a diagram of how a Joey should be connected.

Attachments

• Hooper-Joey Connections.pdf
    285.5 KB · Views: 17

danemayer

I have an actual home dish network disk on a tripod. View attachment 49064View attachment 49065View attachment 49065
It worked in my previous travel trailer. My living room was a snap to get going yet cannot seem to connect bedroom
In your pictures, the right hand wall plate coax connector goes to the coax connector near the bedroom TV.

The middle wall plate has 2 coax connectors. The coax connector marked satellite comes from the Universal Docking Center (UDC) and goes to the input of your receiver.

The output of your receiver goes to the right hand wall plate.

This arrangement works if you have a satellite dish with 2 outputs or a suitable splitter. One of the dish outputs goes to the bedroom coax connection in the Universal Docking Center (UDC).

This all works if the Joey operates on a signal coming from the dish, rather than from the Hopper unit.