Disheartened

Very disheartened at the poor amount of information available for the Cyclone units. Yes I know we have COVID issues but that is no reason for the very vague, inaccurate and incomplete information available. It's just as bad or worse from the dealerships that don't seem to know what a build sheet is or even what is actually installed on units in their own yards.
I find it especially poor that one unit from another has different items included or not included and the variance in MSRP's listed. In many cases the listed MSRP is more for one unit than another even though the lower MSRP has more of the "supposed" included items included in the unit.
It's baffling to say the least as to how one unit has everything that the Exterior or Interior luxury packages is supposed to included and the next one you look at only has half of it for the same or even a higher price????

Rant over.........

david-steph2018

Well one issue with dealerships is, my opinion only, 90% of RV salesman can not even spell the word RV. You really want to confuse one right off the bat ask them to spell "RV". If you go to a dealership with the basic ideal of a RV you are way ahead of most RV salesman. The dealership we purchased from got on the computer and printed off the build sheets for the 2 units we were comparing and laid them on the table in front of us.
Our 2 we were looking at were both 2018 Road Warriors. The first had full body paint and the second one, with basic paint, had a bunch of upgrades already done from the factory. The unit with full body paint was more expensive without the added upgrades.

danemayer

Keep in mind that the manufacturing dates of the trailers being compared may account for differences. Heartland usually makes major changes in the spring and changes the model year designation at that time. But often, as the cutover date is approached, some of the model year changes start getting cut into production. Also, in the fall, the mid-year model changes are introduced.

The dealer prints up a piece of paper showing the features and options and the price. What they put on that paper may vary considerably from one trailer to the next.

sengli

When we were looking and buying our RV's. I always knew a lot more about the units than the sales people did. I would always point out things I knew and could readily see on the various coaches we looked at. They just want to move a "box" on the lot. They may carry several brands, so some of the staff may not know much about certain units. Before you buy educate yourself on whats most important to you and go looking accordingly.