Distance from truck rail to underside of RV

Garypowell

After Thanksgiving I am going to put the rails in my new truck to be able to use my Curt Hitch. Thought of using other hitches but too expensive and the Curt has not failed me. I took a lot of measurements on the other truck and of the new one.....but....

The one measurement I did not get was how much space between the rail of the truck and the underside of the RV's bedroom. My calculations show it should be around 6 1/2 inches.....and that seems about right. But if someone could take a measurement on their rig while hooked up I would appreciate it.

But specifically I have Chevy 2015 3500 Silverado SRW and a 3010RE Bighorn.

Thanks,

you should be fine with that distance. I think I am around 7, but I had always been told, between 5 to 8 should be fine. big thing to me is, the same distance from front to back.

Cjackg

I have a similar truck, 2015 Silverado but a 2500 and use a CURT Q24 hitch. I have about 6 1/2" clearance off the bedrails and would not want to have any less than that.

I also have a Truxedo rollup bed cover that reduces the bedrail clearance about 1/2 inch. The only problem I have is getting the trailer level since the recent Silverado SRWs sit very high in the back. After installing the MorRyde Independent Suspension on my Cyclone 3110 it is still 2.5" nose high and thats as good as it's going to get since I can't lower the pinbox/hitch any closer.

Cabindoc

I have a Curt on my 2011 Superduty and I have 7 1/2 with trailer pretty level.

Attachments

• Torque-Curt.jpg
    Torque-Curt.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 44

Garypowell

First, to everyone thanks for the input.

To Cjackg I did not write about the concern you raised....but I have it too. The way the math works out in order to couple my BH will be about 4" high off level in the front. The problem is since the hitch is not in yet I don't know how much the truck will drop once I put the 3,000 pound pin weight on it.

My last truck was a 2500 and I had put air bags on it and it dropped a little but not much.

Time will tell but as you point out the truck is about 1.5 inches taller than my 2008 2500.....and because I have the Truxedo like you (which I absolutely love) the rail for it takes away 1/2 inch.