Do I need a slider hitch for my '15 RAM 3500 DRW MegaCab Short Bed?

IronJ

Re: What type of hitch

IronJ

When you say dodge rails , do they mount on the Ram pucks? Also could you send me some pictures?

Thanks
Skip
Shoot me a message with your email and/or phone and I'll email/text pics...the site is slow...also this is listed on ebay and local craig list and another rv forum...and has been for a cple months, I have others "interested" but no one solid yet....just full disclosure...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1447859260344.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1447859260344.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 55
  • uploadfromtaptalk1447859351662.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1447859351662.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 48

IronJ

The silver parts are rails, and the black the under bed frame mounts...capture plate upside down with all the hardware in it....the plate is set up for a lippert 1621shd pin, but can be adjusted for others

uploadfromtaptalk1447862757590.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

donabevd

Oregon_camper
I'm glad to hear no problem with Reese Airborne Sidewinder, allot of people that don't own one say it puts to much stress on the couch frame with it's pivot point on the trailer. I thought I had a lot of problems at delivery but mine pale in comparison.

jimtoo

Hidonabevd,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You don't tell us what Heartland unit you have, but if you need help, the members are here, so just ask your questions.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Oregon_Camper

Oregon_camper
I'm glad to hear no problem with Reese Airborne Sidewinder, allot of people that don't own one say it puts to much stress on the couch frame with it's pivot point on the trailer. I thought I had a lot of problems at delivery but mine pale in comparison.

Sold my 2008 F-350 (short bed) and bought a 2016 F-350 (long bed) and kept the Airborne Sidewinder installed. I really enjoy this setup and very glad I went with this setup over a typical slider type hitch.

Bones

Sold my 2008 F-350 (short bed) and bought a 2016 F-350 (long bed) and kept the Airborne Sidewinder installed. I really enjoy this setup and very glad I went with this setup over a typical slider type hitch.
Did you lock it out? I'm going to try mine locked out for a couple trips