Do you guys run your frig on electric or gas while driving?

Oregon_Camper

This will be the Ford vs Chevy argument.

For me, I have been traveling with frig on propane for >15 years, and have no plans to change.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I travel with the propane on, but I do shut it off at gas stations and when going up or down steep mountain passes.

wehavefun

I don't want to argue the Ford / Chevy issue. I do what is right!
DODGE, propane always on

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Noofear

Keeps the fridge from over heating when it is not level.

We had a seminar about this at the Arizona HOC Tucson Rodeo Rally this past February . . .

Here is a link to the website:

https://www.arprv.com/

Link is now working . . .
John, I didnt see any research other than what these guys claim. IMHO this is just another sales pitch to get you to buy. Sounds more like snake oil to me. I've been traveling high altitudes for the last thirty years. At one time I had asked my service dept and they said for the amount of time spent going up and down was negligible to harm the fridge. This line of thought would mean you should also turn off the fridge while using some interstate ramps. I have never turned off my refrigerator even while refueling.
Propane and I very rarely fuel up while hooked up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Noofear

Did you notice to at the bottom of this website there's a error omissions statement which basically means they can leave anything out they want or say anything they want and there's nothing you can do about it

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
John, I didnt see any research other than what these guys claim. IMHO this is just another sales pitch to get you to buy. Sounds more like snake oil to me. I've been traveling high altitudes for the last thirty years. At one time I had asked my service dept and they said for the amount of time spent going up and down was negligible to harm the fridge. This line of thought would mean you should also turn off the fridge while using some interstate ramps. I have never turned off my refrigerator even while refueling.

Two things . . .

1) I saw his demonstration and it took less than 5 minutes for the fridge to over heat when tipped 3-degrees.

2) 30 years ago the refrigerators that were in our RV's were made in the USA . . . not China.

They are planning on being at the Vegas Rally in October and I hope to have them put their unit in our Prowler.

Noofear

Two things . . .

1) I saw his demonstration and it took less than 5 minutes for the fridge to over heat when tipped 3-degrees.

2) 30 years ago the refrigerators that were in our RV's were made in the USA . . . not China.

They are planning on being at the Vegas Rally in October and I hope to have them put their unit in our Prowler.
Never had any problem with any of my fridge units regardless of where they were made and the last three units now have all had newer fridges in them so I'm sure they were probably made in China. ........even though I never had any problems I still owned one of the units affected.

Last edited by a moderator:

brianlajoie

Ford / Propane.

I did buy the ARP controller with the fans at the Tucson rally. The integrated fans help cool the frig by two settings. I see it as my frig is running much more efficient with protection from over heating.

The demonstration on a frig with multiple sensors showed how a frig can get hot if tipped up on a 2x4. It would take a sustained out of balance over time to damage the frig to the point of failure.

Birchwood

Liquefied petroleum when traveling,tank on and I guess fridge switches to LP when unit is unplugged from AC power.