Do you need to winterize the blank tank flusher?

Hi there,

I recently bought a used RW305 and have winterized the unit but thought afterwards I didn't do anything to the black tank flush inlet. At the UDC, do I need to either blow out the line with low compressed air or gravity feed some antifreeze into the BTF inlet or don't worry about it? i would imagine there is some water left in the line, so I am thinking I should do something.
Thanks,
I am in Northern Michigan.
Leigh Allen

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The only thing that I do with the black flusher is blow a little compressed air through it.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Since I've replaced the plastic tank flush fitting with a brass one, complete with a real check valve in it, I just press the little button and drain it into a small container. That gets rid of the water between the inlet and the anti-siphon valve. Any water on the other side of the valve gravity drains into the tank.

porthole

Retired
At least use some compressed air. I always run a bit of antifreeze through it. I can't see all of the line for the flusher - which means I can't check to see if there are any dips in it.

My low point drains dip behind the basement wall - they never drain.

DonnyB007

I agree with the antifreeze solution - let the pink RV antifreeze drain through your toilet pipes with a flush just like you would do with your regular bathroom sink.