Dodge Ram Laraime 3500 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed DRW 2013

scottyb

No, I would think its like the Ford with the rails attached to the frame under the bed with the sockets only coming thru the bed.

OK. After further investigation, it appears that the rails are an adapter to connect any 16K - 20K hitch that the owner may currently have. The rails, along with the hitch come out of the truck.

RP30154_2_1000.jpg

rp30154_5_1000.jpg

jnbhobe

That's interesting but I don't need another adapter and another place for hitch movement, the less parts that can wear the better, I'll stay with my Reese Signature.

whp4262

I have an older Ram 3500 with the Reese rail kit, under the bed, that fits the Reese elite series hitch. The pucks on my rail kit and probably Ford as well are inside of the frame rails. The new Rams use pucks just like Ford and my setup but the pucks are located over the truck frame so the spacing is wider so the Reese elite hitch won't fit and neither will anything else as far as I know. So you have to use an adapter that sits on top of the bed like the Reese RP30154. Then a standard Reese, Curt or B&W etc hitch attaches to this adapter. Why Dodge decided to produce a factory prep kit that won't fit the current hitches on the market is anybody's guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk