Does Heartland Keep Proof of Purchase Info?

wdk450

Gang:
I have had my share of RVing expenses lately - A $600 flatbed tow bill from the boonies into San Diego, and then a $2000 diesel repair bill. When I went to move on Monday morning, I found the trailer tire I bought only 2 months ago was flat again. I put on the spare, and took the tire/wheel to Discount tires suspecting a leaking aluminum wheel. Well, I was right, contacted Tredit Tire, and although my rig is 12+ years old, I am the original owner, and Tredit said they would replace it under warranty. Unfortunately, they want a proof of purchase, and after going through all my paperwork in the trailer, I couldn't find it. E-Trailer wants $233 for the wheel, but after all my recent expenditures, I sure would like to get it free from Tredit.

So, does Heartland keep any purchase records I could use??? I will call them tomorrow.

danemayer

Bill,

I recently installed the new Heartland app, providing the VIN. The app shows the date of purchase, so they must have records back to September 2010.

wdk450

Bill,

I recently installed the new Heartland app, providing the VIN. The app shows the date of purchase, so they must have records back to September 2010.
Dan:
Thanks for the suggestion. I just filled out the phone app data, but it asked ME if I was the original owner, and asked me for the date of purchase (that I had to guesstimate).

I think the app application is in a "verification pending" status.

We'll see how this works.

wdk450

I got the Heartland app set up, called Tredit Tire to see if this would be acceptable purchase proof, but they would only accept a purchase document with my signature.

So it goes.

danemayer

Bill, you might call Heartland and if they have a record, ask them to do a 3 way call with Tredit to help solve your problem.

Bogie

Dan:
Thanks for the suggestion. I just filled out the phone app data, but it asked ME if I was the original owner, and asked me for the date of purchase (that I had to guesstimate).

I think the app application is in a "verification pending" status.

We'll see how this works.
When I signed up for the app, I couldn't find the exact purchase date but put in a close guess. Was also in pending status, but shortly received an email from Heartland asking to confirm my account. Once I did it became active and the correct purchase date was listed ( a week off from my guess.)