Does the bathroom sink serve as a warning about the gray tank being near full?

myla296

Thanks for reading this...my question is that I have noticed a time or two when using the shower that my bathroom sink will "burp". At about that time, I will realize it had been a while since I released the water from my tank. Is this by design, that it will give me a warning? I'm considering eliminating the sink, but do not want to create some sort of venting problem.

Additionally, my outdoor shower was given an interesting configuration that has led to it only having hot water (by previous technicians who were likely doing a short term solution). If I remove the sink, I could easily route cold water for the outdoor shower, and I would cap the drain.

(Why I'm considering eliminating the sink: I'm finding that having a separate bathroom sink isn't as useful as replacing that cabinetry with something long where I can hang dresses and/or motorcycle racing suits.)

This is for a 2010 Heartland Road Warrior (on another note, I am remodeling the entire bathroom as the platform was leaking across the floor, I believe that water would gather in the corner where it met the side and front walls and seep through, no matter how much calking I used. I'm considering replacing with a trough tub as a lightweight option, but am facing a tub height limit since the doorway is 21", and would need to remove the bedroom/bathroom wall to get anything bigger through...and I'm not so sure about that move just yet :)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We use that burping sound as notice that it is time to drain the tanks. Either that or when I've got water up to my ankles in in the shower.
I doubt it was by design as the grey tank is vented out the roof, so removing the sink should not be a problem.
As far as the outside shower, if it was modified to remove the cold water, the cold supply should still be in the area to put it back to the original configuration.

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
On my Cyclone the front bath sink will start to drain real slow. This will happen before the shower drains slow for some reason (same tank)
The kitchen sink is the only device on the 2nd gray tank and we hardly ever notice it, but it will also be real slow to drain or not at all when that tank is full.

myla296

On my Cyclone the front bath sink will start to drain real slow. This will happen before the shower drains slow for some reason (same tank)
The kitchen sink is the only device on the 2nd gray tank and we hardly ever notice it, but it will also be real slow to drain or not at all when that tank is full.
Ah, have not noticed any slow draining... non-issue for me then :) (there is already enough on my list to do!)

We use that burping sound as notice that it is time to drain the tanks. Either that or when I've got water up to my ankles in in the shower.
I doubt it was by design as the grey tank is vented out the roof, so removing the sink should not be a problem.
As far as the outside shower, if it was modified to remove the cold water, the cold supply should still be in the area to put it back to the original configuration.

Peace
Dave
Glad I'm not the only one with a burping sink :) . And thanks for the info about the venting...I knew about that (it's like a house in that way, the roof) but...one never knows about RV world plumbing! As far as the outside shower, it looks like they borrowed it to fix something else (I can't remember now). So, I will borrow it back :D

Thanks for the help all!