Dometic 15 k AC with heat pump needs freon

Rcnewell11

Can somebody help me on where or what to do on recharging system on my unit.I cleaned both coils and are good and system doesn’t seem cool anymore and doesn’t keep up in front air in bedroom.I notice it doesn’t have charge ports to put in R410a .Who around Fortwayne area can do this 75 mile radius or so.

danemayer

Hi Rob,

Dometic doesn't intend for RV Techs to do air conditioner repairs of this nature. You'd have to find a residential A/C service willing to work on it.

That said, you might call Dometic. They had a large batch of A/C units in the 2014/2015 time frame where refrigerant leaks developed during early life. You might be in that bunch. Dometic was replacing out-of-warranty units for a while. Don't know if your unit was in that bunch or whether that program has timed out or not. But phone calls don't cost much.

tlkidd

Our 13,500 btu dometic air conditioner seems to be low on Freon as well which we discovered yesterday upon our arrival at the rally. It is almost 10 years old and we are thinking that we need to just replace it with a 15,000 btu. Would like to know where we can access a new one. Thanks for any suggestions.

Rcnewell11

Maybe call dometic with your numbers from under hood of unit and see if they can help u or go online and order from other source.Good Luck

wdk450

Our 13,500 btu dometic air conditioner seems to be low on Freon as well which we discovered yesterday upon our arrival at the rally. It is almost 10 years old and we are thinking that we need to just replace it with a 15,000 btu. Would like to know where we can access a new one. Thanks for any suggestions.

I am in the process of replacing my 10 year old 15 KBTU Dometic Brisk Air II. Many vendors sell only the "top unit" which costs about 1/2 of the complete AC with the inside controls and hookups. I looked on E-Bay and on Tweety's RV Parts. Most of the vendors include free shipping. They aren't all that hard to replace - the biggest thing is getting the 75 lb. unit safely on the roof. Any mobile RV servicer could probably install it for you. There are also good DIY videos on You Tube.

My 15K Brisk Air II cost $659, free shipping. The drawback to buying online is that you have to wait some; I think that Tweety's might have been quicker (and their price was the same or lower than what I found on E-Bay) because they advertise a network of warehouses around the country. I am in Central California, my unit is being shipped from Kentucky, and will take about a week. I probably should have ordered from Tweety's as I know they have a warehouse in Southern California, and because they are based in Texas, they don't charge California Sales tax (somehow).

I think I am getting my unit tomorrow, according to the tracking data, and I ordered last Tuesday (when it was 103 here in Porterville) . Here is the upcoming 10 day forecast for Porterville: https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/ca/porterville/93257?cm_ven=localwx_10day and it is usually like this daily until it starts cooling down in late September.

I hope you keep cool!!!

avvidclif

I just ordered one from RVpartscountry.com $582 plus shipping of $60. Ordered on Wed and arrived on Fri. My Dometic is from the 2014-15 time frame and had the freon leak. They said TS. I wouldn't waste the time calling.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Our 13t,500 btu dometic air conditioner seems to be low on Freon as well which we discovered yesterday upon our arrival at the rally. It is almost 10 years old and we are thinking that we need to just replace it with a 15,000 btu. Would like to know where we can access a new one. Thanks for any suggestions.
If you are in Goshen I suggest that you contact National RV Refrigeration. They are located just north of Shipshewana on sr 5. 260-768-7059.

Peace
Dave

tlkidd

Bill, they do it all. I was just there last week to buy a shroud for my AC.

Peace
Dave
Just want to thank all who suggested that we contact National RV Refrigeration. We called them on Monday and they were able to schedule us for Wednesday to replace our 13,500 btu air conditioner with a new 15000 btu unit. They did a wonderful job at a very reasonable price and we are now ‘happy campers.’
Thanks again for your help!