Dometic Blizzard NXT

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Our 15k is starting to show signs of being worn out after 7 years. Since we are currently traveling I am going to start with replacing the capacitor which I have already found. I was thinking while I am up there of replacing the hard start as well. All I can find online are only compatible with coleman or mach hard start capacitors. Does it really matter? There is not anything on the current one except A-1 wsx-7 motor starter. If you have done this please let me know what you used.

wdk450

I would recommend taking cooling amount readings when the AC is running to see how much it is cooling. A good running unit should show about 20 degrees F cooling between the air intake and the cooling outlet nearest the air conditioner. The refrigeration cooling unit is pretty much unrepairable.
I have found a different brand of 15K BTU unit that advertises itself as a direct drop-in replacement for the Dometic units, and is one of the lowest price units out there. See: https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Air-Conditioners/Advent-Air/ACDOM150.html

mlpeloquin

How you ever cleaned the cooling coils on that AC unit. It does make a huge difference. On my used SOB that I have, it was seven years old when I got it. One unit failed and I replaced it. I removed the cover on the other one and then the foam surrounding the coils. They were full of dirt and jet black. I purchased RV AC coil cleaner. The coils turned bright aluminum again. The temperature out of the AC unit dropped five degrees. Clean your coils with a no rinse coil cleaner. If you want to, you can still rinse it as well.

Dahillbilly

soft starts or capacitors will not help cooling, those are used for starting up the compressor. As stated in post #3 above clean coils do make a huge difference in cooling capacity. I would do that & check the plenum for leakage when the ducts ate connected.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
soft starts or capacitors will not help cooling, those are used for starting up the compressor. As stated in post #3 above clean coils do make a huge difference in cooling capacity. I would do that & check the plenum for leakage when the ducts ate connected.
When it starts up it cools like it always has and very well. It is intermittently not starting the compressor right now. I clean the unit twice a year. I do not want to install a soft start capacitor, I want to replace the hard start and run capacitors. I have a new run but not a new hard start capacitor. I am looking for information from anyone who has replaced the hard start.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I would recommend taking cooling amount readings when the AC is running to see how much it is cooling. A good running unit should show about 20 degrees F cooling between the air intake and the cooling outlet nearest the air conditioner. The refrigeration cooling unit is pretty much unrepairable.
I have found a different brand of 15K BTU unit that advertises itself as a direct drop-in replacement for the Dometic units, and is one of the lowest price units out there. See: https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Air-Conditioners/Advent-Air/ACDOM150.html
When it starts up it cools like it always has and very well. It is intermittently not starting the compressor right now. I clean the unit twice a year. I do not want to install a soft start capacitor, I want to replace the hard start and run capacitors. I have a new run but not a new hard start capacitor. I am looking for information from anyone who has replaced the hard start.